The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well 2 weeks ago I bought a stryker 380 shot it 20 times and noticed the one limb was peeling. took it back got another and shot it 10 times and it wouldn't cock then the safety broke? took this one back and said lets shoot all the brands. shot an Excalibur 355 too loud . shot a couple 10 pts just didn't like them . they didn't feel good to me . great quality but not for me . shot a couple parkers and went home with a tornado f4 . seems to shoot nice and is quiet. wish me luck. jerry

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Best of Luck...i think you will be happy for years! i went to a Bass Pro that had all the major brands, walked up and down the isle and picked up every one , off the hook to the shoulder, and the Parkers definatly feel the best to me, the model did not matter much.

I can say i hated the ones with built in crank cockers...at least make them sound like rattling horns while they clank around....LOL

HAVE A GREAT SEASON!

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Best of luck this fall with the F4. Bummer on the Bowtech. Not surprised. Folks still buy those bows despite their well known problems.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I have been looking at crossbows myself due to bicep tendon tear so I pretty much need a good cranking system. I spent allot of time reasearching and spent over an hour talking with David of Wyvern Associates (very respected authority on crossbows) and we talked allot about TenPoints and their accudraw. He wasn't a big fan of the Parker crank system but did suggest I look at the Parker Tornado as it has the same sytling and feel of the TenPoint Stealth SS which seems to be the big hit this year and he felt if I didn't want to go the price of the Stealth that the Tornado would be a real good choice for a few hundred less. I have not been able to get my hands on a Stealth but I have held but not shot the Tornado and it was the best feeling bow in my hands of all I looked at.. I did it at Cabelas and they did not have a Parker cranking system on their range and would not open one to try so I never got to try it out but it sure felt great. I need the crank due to the injury and the only cranking systems that anyone will let you try is the TenPoint so really hard to compare. Good luck with the Tornado - I have still not crossed it off my short list which is that or the Stealth SS. - Did you buy the cranking aid or just the rope aid?

·
Registered
644 Posts
cold creek road said:
thanks guys im hoping to get this one too the season ha ha
just make shure the arrow is properly nocked and dont go under the manufacturers minimal arrow weight and it should last you for lots of seasons.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
I have had a Tornado for about 4 years. I shoot it often. It is accurate and I have never had a problem except for the serving. Good luck with yours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts