The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Parker. Due to thier listening to thier customers and dedication to excellence, they are offering the new String Suppressors for the Cyclone and Tornado. They will help cut noise and vibration on these bows. I've shot them and I love them! They should be here by Monday and they sell for $59.95 a set.

The String Suppressor system fits the 2009 Cyclone Extreme, 2009 Hurricane Extreme, and the 2009 and 2010 Tornado HP only.
The 2008 Cyclone HP has a different riser design that does not allow the String Suppressor system to be installed.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I am afraid to mess with our Tornado in anyway I love the way it shoots so much, but I may just get some of those.

Are the new Enforcer 160's out yet??

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Enforcer should be here at the end of the month or early next. That is what I was told in my last conversation.
RoosterBooster, I generally tell folks not to mess with stuff, but in this case....trust me you will love the string stoppers. They take the Tornado to the next level. I had a machinist friend working on these, until I saw Parker is making them available to everyone.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Mike,

How long would it take you to put those on and redo my serving with a halo serving? I could stop by once the weather breaks a little and just wait if it's something you can do in a few hours. I'd rather do that than ship it, and having to make a couple trips takes a bunch of time. Let me know what you think. thanks

Ron

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ron, I can do both while you wait. Shouldn't take more than on hour or so. You want in on the Halo serving group buy? It will save you $2 and I can do it whenever you get the time to stop by.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am assuming they are not going to include the string supressors on new bows and that will be an extra when I order mine in the near future.

·
Registered
18,625 Posts
I believe they are standard equipment on the 2010 Cyclone.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You don't have to use them, and there is no warranty issue with or without them. They are not included with the Tornado, but they are a nice addition to it. Parker made them available as an accessory.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Ok, sounds good. I will get in on the group buy, and whenever you get the string suppressors in and the weather breaks then i will come down and we can get everything set up. Nothing wrong with my serving now, but i know you said the halo servings were awesome, so might as well get it done. Do you need me to send a check for the serving, or just wait till i can make it down?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
arrowhead said:
I just got off the phone with Parker. Due to thier listening to thier customers and dedication to excellence, they are offering the new String Suppressors for the Cyclone and Tornado. They will help cut noise and vibration on these bows. I've shot them and I love them! They should be here by Monday and they sell for $59.95 a set.

The String Suppressor system fits the 2009 Cyclone Extreme, 2009 Hurricane Extreme, and the 2009 and 2010 Tornado HP only.
The 2008 Cyclone HP has a different riser design that does not allow the String Suppressor system to be installed.
Will a group buy apply here to reduce the cost?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The average guy will be able to install these easily. All you will need is a few allen wrenches.

Sorry NiceRack, no group buy on these. It's impossible to do a group buy on anything that has a MAP price, I'd lose my dealership. (manufacturers advertised price)

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Antlerking,
I'll save a set for you. I made a large order of them and pre-sold a few. I'm about out of them, as they only sent half of them on the order.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Arrowhead,
What are these string suppresors? How much weight do they add to the crossbow and how and where do they mount to the bow? Can I find a picture of them somewhere? I have a Tornado and am interested, but would like more info.
Thanks, as always you're a great resource!
Barney

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They weigh 5.2 oz on my scale. They stop the string in the same spot everytime you shoot. It helps stop the noise a little and gives a more predictable release to the arrow. The <span style="color: #FF0000">red</span> box is the mounting hole.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thank you, Arrohead! I see the quiver in back. Does it clear the quiver so that the quiver can still be mounted so that it does not extend beyond the stirrup?
Thanks again,
Barney

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes it clears the quiver. It actually mounts on the top of the riser. That picture doesn't show it well, as the string suppressor isn't even close the quiver. The quiver is below the riser and the string suppressor is above the riser. I'll try to get a better picture tonight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts