The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Parker now renamed it the thunderhawk and they have a black version for 2013 called the blackhawk. They had some stirng issuses when they first came out but they have since been resolved. I have sold quite a few and the customers have had no complaints so far. They are quite compact and fast for their size. I think they will be one of parkers better selling crossbows for 2013

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was against getting a crossbow due to size and weight. I saw the tomahawk last year and fell in love with it. It was compact and weighed less than 7 lbs. I will have to check the newer version out and may break down and get one for this coming season. I like ten point, but do not like the weight. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Have one yes, would not recommend do to poor string serving wear.
Yes, i sent it back, they put one thin washer on the cams, and still didn't help, wanted me to send it back again..they should call it the yo-yo hawk.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Callmaker60 said:
Have one yes, would not recommend do to poor string serving wear.
Yes, i sent it back, they put one thin washer on the cams, and still didn't help, wanted me to send it back again..they should call it the yo-yo hawk.
We saw this and other issues as well.

·
Banned
629 Posts
I had a similar issue with my Tornado. All it needed was to file/sand the edges of the sliderail down just a bit so they were a little smoother. The serving was rubbing against the sharp edges of the sliderail and wearing prematurely. Since smoothing out the edges I have noticed a big decrease in wear.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Don't have all of the specifics but they tweeked the front end a little from what they originally were and the problem has since been better. I had one come back and they replaced the front end and I have not had any other probems with any that I have sold.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I was wondering if they had tweaked the limb deflections. I know that other manufacturers use a heavier lower limb and a slightly weaker upper limb. The reason they do is that when you pull the string back on a bow, the cables pull about 3 1/2 pounds for every pound you place on the string.

Working out the limb deflections keeps the limbs from trying to wrap or twist. This is critical on a four limb system.

When I looked at the new split limb bows, it appeared they are just using a larger cable attachment point on the lower limb, and a smaller on the upper. I'm thinking that is what is causing all the string wear problems. I'm still not convinced it will be a good system. Every other company adjusts limb deflections for a good reason. JMHO

We had a 100% failure/return rate on the Parker and Bowtech bows we sold last year. I didn't sell many and I'm actually happy about that. Parkers CS department was swamped last fall. A warranty is only good if you can get the call to go through and get the RA#.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I don't know about junk,yes they had trouble with the new models this year, but I'm sure they will get the bugs out.I returned a challanger and tomahawk that I was getting for my son, but here are the results of my tornado

·
Banned
629 Posts
arrowhead said:
The older Tornados are awesome bows. I've been hearing all kinds of things about the new quad limb ones. I still have a 2011 Tornado and love it. I sure wouldn't trade it for a new one. JMHO
Same here Arrowhead. Roughly how many shots are you seeing from the 2011 Tornado before the cable wears out? I've had mine for 2 seasons now and it looks ok. Are the cables in the newer quad-limb models wearing at a faster pace?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.