The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new parker enforcer and love it great bow for the money only have one issue the cable slide gets hung up after a shot looks like its wearing the string.Anybody else have this problem.

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
Are you referring to the string latch not resetting after being shot preventing the bow from being fully cocked? This is a relatively common occurance with Parkers. Easy fix is to hold the ADF device down with a screwdriver then pulling the trigger. Should reset everything. Make sure your safety is in the fire position when cocking the bow as well.

Should be a isolated incidence. If that is the problem and it continues, the trigger box may need replaced.

Also, if you suspect excessive serving wear, run a cotton swab around the string latch. If there are any burrs, they will be easy to see. Take very fine abrasive and smooth out the burr.

Just guessing here based on the info in your post.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
If the cable slide is hanging up, just take a small amount of lube (use a high quality synthetic) and place it on the little "track" that it rides on. I use a cotton swab to get in there. It only takes a small amount. The more you shoot it, the better it will get.

·
Banned
629 Posts
dpms said:
Are you referring to the string latch not resetting after being shot preventing the bow from being fully cocked? This is a relatively common occurance with Parkers. Easy fix is to hold the ADF device down with a screwdriver then pulling the trigger. Should reset everything. Make sure your safety is in the fire position when cocking the bow as well.

Should be a isolated incidence. If that is the problem and it continues, the trigger box may need replaced.

Also, if you suspect excessive serving wear, run a cotton swab around the string latch. If there are any burrs, they will be easy to see. Take very fine abrasive and smooth out the burr. Just guessing here based on the info in your post.
I have this problem with my Tornado and serving wear. It looks like there is a very small "high edge" on one side back at the string latch causing the wear when fired.

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
I see now that you edited your post to clarify that is is the cable slide. Arrowhead has got it covered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts