The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the distance police get their panties in a bunch I take about a few thousand shots at targets for every one released at game. I know a lady who shot for hoyt who was deadly from 70 yards and beyond. I want to know how far I should be able to shoot a Parker Tornado at a target (figuring pretty good abality and lots of practice )?

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
Give us some dope on your bow # and arrow + weight + broadhead specs. Some astrophysicist will crunch the numbers and come up with a number. You are shooting at what: Grizly Bears, Elk, treefrogs, Yetti - what?

·
Registered
18,625 Posts
I guess it depends on how much elevation you can get out the optics out there. If you put together a scope like the Parker Pin-Point on top of the HHA Optimizer scope mount, I'd imagine well past 100 yards.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I keep it 30 and in. But I'm the type that likes to be able to see the whites of their eyes when I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jimsdad said:
Give us some dope on your bow # and arrow + weight + broadhead specs. Some astrophysicist will crunch the numbers and come up with a number. You are shooting at what: Grizly Bears, Elk, treefrogs, Yetti - what?
This question is about the next one i get and not the two I have so i don't know all the specs yet. I would shoot at a yeti though.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
i'm a Astrophysicist and have run the numbers and the Tornado is not capable of takeing a Yeti.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
i read where a guy with an excalibur exocet 200 with 660gr arrows with bout 23% FOC was getting 3" groups with 3 arrows at 100 yards....but he was lieing down in a prone position and he ran the camera the whole time shooting the 3 arrows and walked to the target showing the group..........bob

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TATERDAVID said:
i'm a Astrophysicist and have run the numbers and the Tornado is not capable of takeing a Yeti.

We must do what we can to payback the Yeti for what it did to those guys just trying to have a little fun in the beef jerky commercial.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I get 200 yards from my Horton, you might get that much!
Sort of impossible unless you specify the size of the target or what group you want.
i go to pumpkin shoots on gold courses and 200 isa good distance for pumpkins. Arrows will be entering from the top.

I keep my deer shots to a max of 23 yards, as I like maximum accurate on them critters..

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
mgp629 said:
Is it at or near the top of the heap for all around accuracy ?
If your goal is to be able to punch small circles at 100 yards and beyond, I would go with an Excalibur or Middleton. You may even consider a PSE Tac series.(insanely accurate at 100 yards and beyond)

That being said, I will do my shooting with a Tornado or my Cyclone. I just like them better. It's a matter of personal preference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts