The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering buying a new compound (hoyt charger or spyder) until my "buddy" at work told me about Parker Bushwaker and Enforcer crossbows. He claimed both can be bought for under $500. They are lightweight and deadly accurate at 30 yds. Some of his family members drove to a big box store and purchased them. I saw Arrowhead had both on his website. Does anyone have experience with these models?

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
Yes. Very good crossbows for the dollar. IMO, I would look at the Wicked Ridge Warrior and Invader packages from TenPoint as well. Same price points and I think a better overall bow.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Or, give me a call. I'll match any price, if you show me the price I have to match. I'll even throw in some custom arrows.

Both models are solid limb bows. There has been very few issues with either of those crossbows. Velocity and PSE also have a few models that compare. As DPMS said above, the Wicked Ridge are tough to beat as well.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Arrowhead didn't mean to step on your toes showing him that price that's great to see you price match but even if you could get close to a "big" store price I would much rather give a small guy the sale.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So my "buddy" brought over his Parker crossbows. Although his relatives have Enforcers and Bushwackers, he brought over a Challenger and a Blackhawk. The both shoulder very nice. I did a search for problems with Parker crossbows. I found there is an issue with extreme serving wear because of contact with the rail. I noticed on his bows the string was on the rail. The other problem I found was that Parker is the only company which makes capture nocks for their bolts. My buddy told me that you must shoot Parker arrows or it voids the warranty. I would like to shoot Aluminum arrows not carbon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought a Parker crossbow last year, and it has worked flawlessly. The capture nocks were a huge positive selling point for me. For a first time crossbow owner, they are very reassuring.

·
Banned
629 Posts
I can personally confirm the serving wear issue. Mine was wearing very fast until I took a fingernail file and very gently filed the inside edge of the rail where the serving latches when cocked. This inside edge was sharp and not flush with the rest of the rail. Filed just enough to smooth it and everything is great now. I love the capture nocks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a parker enforcer that I bought from Arrowhead. I have used it for 3 years now with out any problems and it is very accurate. so accurate I cannot shoot at the same bullseye twice because I ruin bolts. it seems plenty fast for my experience, I shot a buck last year in the chest and the bolt exited the rear leg. I use G5 strikers and they fly exactly like the practice points and are deadly. that buck dropped in his tracks and when my nephew butchered it he was sure that I shot it with a rifle. Arrowhead is a good guy to deal with.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought a Parker Thunderhawk last year right before archery season, and I like it very much. It's light, compact, and shoots well. I took a nice doe with it the 2nd day of archery season.

·
Banned
629 Posts
Keep an eye on the cable wear around the cable slide. I shoot mine fairly often before and during the season and did not visually notice any wear on the cable until I ran a finger over the cables near the slide. The wax that you put on the cable can smooth out any fraying of the cable and hide it from view.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Have a Parker Tornado and my son has a Parker hornet and they are both great. Only problem like stated above don't shoot at the same bullseye twice,

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
i have the enforcer and its very nice. My only complaint would be how loud it is, but all of the sub $600 xbows I shot were louder then what I was use to.
I wanted the wicked ridge but it didnt fit me very well when I shot it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I also bought the hornet extreme package. 2nd year having it I looked at the limbs and noticed a crack in both limbs. Called parker and they had a new front end sent to the local shop. Cost was my gas to drop off and pickup new that was it.
With that being said, I love the bow. I also think the red hot arrows are the ticket!! Because of practice, I can say at 60 yards your butts mine!

·
Registered
644 Posts
BOOTOXEN said:
i have the enforcer and its very nice. My only complaint would be how loud it is, but all of the sub $600 xbows I shot were louder then what I was use to.
I wanted the wicked ridge but it didnt fit me very well when I shot it.
good choice, kinda loud but effective.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Awesome bows and Arrowhead will hook ya up! I love the triggers of the Parker bows. They use the same trigger on the entry level bow aka Bushwacker and the on the hot rod aka Gale Force. All Parkers are 100% made in usa. 100% life time warranty. You will not find better CS from Arrowhead or Parker. Its a win win.

I am a staff shooter for Parker Bows feel free to PM any questions ya have.

I always tell people go out and shoot as many different bows as ya can. The right bow will "pick you". I love Parker bows but they are not the only game in town.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
wpashooter said:
I have a parker enforcer that I bought from Arrowhead. I have used it for 3 years now with out any problems and it is very accurate. so accurate I cannot shoot at the same bullseye twice because I ruin bolts. it seems plenty fast for my experience, I shot a buck last year in the chest and the bolt exited the rear leg. I use G5 strikers and they fly exactly like the practice points and are deadly. that buck dropped in his tracks and when my nephew butchered it he was sure that I shot it with a rifle. Arrowhead is a good guy to deal with.
The one deer I killed with our Enforcer before giving it to my Dad to use was a large doe. i was walking up the acces trail and she was ahead about 25 yards quatering to my right away sharply. I waited for her to get in the clear and I hit her at the last rib and the bolt came out between the opposite shoulder and leg, well all but the fletch was out of her. She went 8 yards on a wobble, laid down, I went back in 35 minutes and I think she had been dead of 34.5 of them...that was with a muzzy 100 gr head.

No complaints on the Enforcer. I liked carrying it much more than the tornado when hiking in, but not as much up in the treestand.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts