The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can we safely use when the stock dries up?I was in Cabelas yesterday and they still have a full rack of new Parkers that have never been even knocked down on price.They said Parker never notified them on what to do and nobody is buyin em either.The salesman said it is unsafe to use half moon nocks which I acquired about.I,m surprised Parker didn,t have them reduce the price when their internet reduction sale was goin on.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I have always thought that when makers tell you you can only use their nocks, strings, etc, or void the warranty it was bull! There are bolts out there with nocks that work with xbows having more energy so why wouldn't they work? A lot of the time the aftermarket parts are higher quality than the factory parts!

·
Registered
354 Posts
The warranty is up so you can use whatever you want, I have used half moon nocks in my cyclone before with no problem, just be sure they are up against the string.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I use gold tips in mine, work fine, I like the fact that I can turn tthem a little left or right to tweak my poi.

·
Registered
18,921 Posts
What can we safely use when the stock dries up?I was in Cabelas yesterday and they still have a full rack of new Parkers that have never been even knocked down on price.They said Parker never notified them on what to do and nobody is buyin em either.The salesman said it is unsafe to use half moon nocks which I acquired about.I,m surprised Parker didn,t have them reduce the price when their internet reduction sale was goin on.
You should be fine with moon nocks in a Parker. If you feel more comfortable with a nock that has a deeper throat then a moon nock, looks at TenPoints new Alpha nock. They should work great in Parkers.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
In the owner’s guide it said only use half moon nocks then later switched to use only capture nocks. When cracks started the warranty ended. Bought new limbs and then found out that had I waited I could have bought an entire front end for less. Seems this is an ongoing lesson of buyer beware and don’t always believe what is in writing. Yes the lifetime warranty did get me.
Still a great bow and was once a pretty good company. I bought it from Arrowhead and now I think that I know why he stopped selling them.
It still shoots so ... oh well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Kind of makes you wonder if Parker will shut down for awhile then open back up under same name or another name just to get out of the life time warranties, I went thru that with loggy bayou tree stands.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
When I bought my Parker, Bolts were all half moons.Then later on in years Parker went with nock bolts for safety reasons. I still only use half moons without any issue

1 - 12 of 12 Posts