The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how to get parcel/plot maps free on the net? I found Clinton Co.'s GIS website and their parcel mapping for that county is great (if anybody wants the site I'd be happy to share). I'm mainly interested in Clearfield Co.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
York county, (the only one I really use) shows owner, acreage, sale price/date, clean and green, etc... Very useful tool to locate names of landowners and property boundaries.

·
Registered
12,520 Posts
Blitzen stripes, watch how closely you rely on the York County site for property lines. For the most part it is pretty good. There are a few bad mistakes on the York site, just in the areas I am familiar with. For instance, it shows my buddy's driveway as a public road. It was a public road, until 1934, when it was officially abandoned and reverted to his grand dad. Sometimes streams are shown flowing across the wrong property. It shows me owning a few acres that I don't and never have owned. (It belongs to the old lady adjoining. )

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
To my knowledge Clearfield does not have anything online but I sure wish they did. Here is a link to the Cambria county GIS gis.co.cambria.pa.us/PublicGIS1/ This site gives you ever piece of information you need down to the land owners address even if it is not on said property

·
Registered
258 Posts
I grew up in Clearfield County.....they are way behind the times so I'd be surprised to see anything online in the next umpteen years.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I think clearfield has the maps, but not free online. Chester Co has another good free site. Tough to figure out owners though.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Gentlemen,
Potter & Tioga have them available at the County seat,
Plot size, owner and other info. Small charge for the info.
Lets you know who the real owner of each numbered plot is and their address for contact.
Pine Creek/Dave

Merry Christmas everyone

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
ACEarcher said:
Anybody know how to get parcel/plot maps free on the net? I found Clinton Co.'s GIS website and their parcel mapping for that county is great (if anybody wants the site I'd be happy to share). I'm mainly interested in Clearfield Co.
buy a plat book for Clearfield County, they are fairly inexpensive (30-40 dollars) and they are very good, and exactly what you are looking for....they provide acreage, boundaries, and owners names for every parcel in the county.....

The Clearfield County 4-H has them made as their main fundraiser......

·
Registered
258 Posts
Buckshot1822 said:
ACEarcher said:
buy a plat book for Clearfield County, they are fairly inexpensive (30-40 dollars) and they are very good, and exactly what you are looking for....they provide acreage, boundaries, and owners names for every parcel in the county.....

The Clearfield County 4-H has them made as their main fundraiser......

The Clearfield County Plat Book is not only a great source of historical land information, but it contains specific information to all land located in each Township of Clearfield County including landowners, streets, roads, streams, lakes, and boundary lines. With its vast amount of county land information, the plat book makes for an excellent gift. The cost of each plat book is $40.00. Plat books can also be purchased at Bob’s Army Navy Store, Clearfield Agway, the Clearfield County Assessment & Tax Claims Office, and Wayland Farm Supply/Agway of DuBois.

·
Registered
949 Posts
There should be sticky thread in the General Hunting forum with a compiled list of these maps. That would be awesome! I always have trouble finding these maps online.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
ACEarcher said:
IT can show the owner but don't take that as the "true" owner. When you have the map open go to the top tool bar and click on the "i" then click on the property. When a small "block" shows up move your pointer to that "block" and just to the left of the arrow a "dropdown" will give you the owners info and control number. Just make sure the 911# and the info under the owner are for the same property.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts