The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry for posting this in this forum but this article has me beside myself and I think the word needs to get out on this paper and writer through all means necessary. In response to Conn. a paper in New York took it upon themselves to create an interactive map of every LEGAL gun owner with a permit to carry. It shows their name as well as address to everyone in the world who wants to see!!!!! This is a blatant witch hunt where our fellow gun owners are being thrown to the wolves to pay for a deed committed by a crazy criminal. Now any criminal looking to steal a firearm has a shopping list!! I can only imagine how many families this paper put at risk now...it's completely disgusting. Below is a link to the article. Please spread this to other forums and contact them to let them know that they should have thought it through before throwing fellow gun owners under the bus!!

Gun Owner Article

Or e-mail the writer

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Not only does every criminal know who has a firearm but they also know who doesn't. This is very irresponsible to not only gun owners but every other law abiding citizen in my opinion

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
A couple of things.

1. Criminals should be smart enough to be able to avoid these houses now. Opting instead for the unprotected, gun free residences.

2. The newspaper has indeed provided the service in the joke about the gun owners response to his anti gun neighbor.

He placed a sign in his yard to the effect that the house was armed by a lawful gun owner.

But the house next door (with arrow pointing to it) opposes gun ownership.

3. If I had been identified in the article, I would be contacting my homeowners insurance looking for a discount on 1 and 2 above.

4. If I was not identified on the list above, I would be demanding that the newspaper provide and pay for security for my residence 24/7/365 as they identified it as a gun free zone with nothing more than the standard, minutes long response to any incident from police.

This sort of "reporting" is questionable at best. I would, however, use it to lawful gun owners advantage by actually turning the conversation to why the newspaper is warning criminals of where not to ply their trade - thus putting others at risk.

And yes - someone needs to make those signs with the arrows left or right - saying this house is armed but that house does not have firearms (for use to identify those house owners agreeing with the gun free zones and opposing the right to own firearms).

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Though the author clearly doesn't understand anything relative to gun control....remember.......just because a name and address don't appear on their list doesn't mean there isn't a handgun within the residence. Just sayin...

·
Registered
429 Posts
The responsibility of a legal handgun owner is to safeguard their weapon. That article just made it more difficult. Truly detrimental to the non-gun owners also. Why punish the legal gun owners.

·
Registered
551 Posts
They did something similar in Philadelphia, publishing an interactive map of people who'd been denied a concealed carry license, even if it was granted on appeal. One of the people on the list was a pastor who went apoplectic. He appealed and was granted a license (he was denied because of a misdemeanor 40 years ago). But the damage was done. It's a very dangerous thing to do to people...

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
So the media, in its zeal and self-rightiousness, released the names and locations of citizens who were most probably unarmed and as such easy pickings for the criminal element. How grossly irresponsible and stupid is that?

·
Registered
329 Posts
GIE said:
Though the author clearly doesn't understand anything relative to gun control....remember.......just because a name and address don't appear on their list doesn't mean there isn't a handgun within the residence. Just sayin...
Bingo, only a small percentage of the gun owners I know have carry permits.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Wonder how many people that work for them were listed? Seems we have a clash between First and Second Ammendments.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
rflktrman said:
Wonder how many people that work for them were listed? Seems we have a clash between First and Second Ammendments.
Someone listed the publisher's and journalist's names and addresses on a social network site. The story was on AOL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts