The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about taking a run down to western NC in late summer for a long weekend with the camper. Has anyone ever panned/mined for gold there? I have seen a few places online and was wondering if it is worth it. I have no experience and don't plan to get rich, but do hope to learn and have fun, and maybe find a nugget!

Any help is appreciated, Paul.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I did a vacation down to the Franklin NC area to do gem and gold mining..It was a long time ago but the gold mining stunk. Not that we couldn't find anything.But that there was no help with us knowing nothing. There was other miners there and said if we needed help ask. Well we asked and the ignired us. I can no longer remmeber where we did the gold. We really enjoyed the gem mining around franklin. We went to sheffield mine. Very nice people and the family had fun and there was tons of help finding rubies and pink saphires.
The mine owners(gem) told us we should have gone to Dalton GA area for better gold and he had heard of others having problems with the gold mines we went to..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts