The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught a decent slab along with a few good eaters, both crappie and bluegill. Caught a bunch and missed a bunch of small ones too. lost track of the day.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strip pond out by Murdocksville. I going to try and hit Cross Creek this week.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kept 18 eater bluegills today. The crappie slacked off a bit from the cold weather I think. Be eating good tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
I was tellin the wife yesterday that I,m gonna give the Trout fishin a rest and hit the lake.What bait were you usin?I,m building a worm box.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I use a jig with a Berkly gulp minnow for Crappie and bluegill. I also take a dozen or so red worms.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
RobOz said:
I use a jig with a Berkly gulp minnow for Crappie and bluegill. I also take a dozen or so red worms.
I assume vertical jigging? or where you using bobbers with the gulp minnows? I haven't had any luck on them and you are the first I have heard of any success with them.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I use a very small light Styrofoam bobber with a small split shot about 12-14"s from the jig head. As always you have to find the depth they are at. If it's real windy I will use the lead type version of the Styrofoam bobber.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I also prefer the silver and gold Tout Magnet jig head. I think they are nothing but a shad dart jig, but I could be wrong. 21 from yesterday, crappie and bluegill mix, all caught on Gulp Alive 1" minnow (the ones in the jar). I probably caught 100, but it's a panfish enhancement lake. Plus, I'm slow at fileting fish. lol

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
What color gulp alive minnow?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts