The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had seismic testing done a couple of months ago by a company called cougar land services. My lease is with stone energy. Cougar paid us 5 dollars an acre to do the work. Now Cabot wants us to let them do the same seismic testing that cougar just did. I told them they could for 5 dollars an acre. They told me they dont pay for testing but I told them i am not signed up with them.Has anyone here been paid for testing or am I being an idiot? They are tryin to pressure me and if it keeps up it will be 10 an acre or more depending on my mood.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
We don't own the mineral rights under our Club land. The first outfit that came in looking to drill shallow wells didn't pay anything. The next outfit (from Texas) paid us $1000 for deep well seismic testing on our 500 acres. Our land was part of a 45 square mile lease. The Texas outfit paid out $35 million just to seismic test that lease.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Don't let the on unless they pay you. Whatever they are up to doesnt benefit you so tell them pay up or get lost. They are most likely trying to locate fault lines, etc.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts