The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Well, since my EDC is a Glock............plastic! ;)

On my revolvers or other semi-auto (other than Glock), I might carry......Hogue grips.

·
Banned
1,464 Posts
I guess it depends on the gun for me. My EDC gun is an M&P pro40, my wrists, eyes, and brain aren’t limp enough for the glock design. Put a hogue slip-on grip on the M&P. Cheap, effective, but you’ll exercise every muscle in your hands getting it on. Revolvers look gay With rubber grips, especially single actions. Seriously considering a Colt SAA 45LC with birds head grip for EDC. Deadly caliber, can shoot faster than auto, way more dependable than auto, and more accurate.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Super Moderator
12,660 Posts
I have both...However, when I put Pachmyr grips on my S&W 357 I improved my groups.....

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Wooden, all the way. I can only admit putting Pachmayr's Decelerator on my 629-4 Mountain Gun due to the fact that it's a light 44 mag and I've used really hot 250 to 270 grain loads for bear hunting in the past. But for the most part I find the look of Pachmayr grips detestable. Ugly as sin.

For Hunting, Carry and Competition style shooting - Jerry Miculik wooden grips are my go-to favorite grips on all my N, L& K frame S&Ws. Checkered for mags, smooth for the rest. Unless they come with the original S&W wooden combat logo grips - I'll keep them on.

See my S&W M657 no dash with the JM grips.
See my S&W K-frame siblings Model 17 & Model 16 with the S&W wooden combats.
IMG_1203.JPG
IMG_0937.JPG

·
Registered
474 Posts
Both have their advantages. But I lean towards Pachmyer's for hunting since they are easier to grip with wet or sweaty hands. For target shooting wood works fine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
629s, 648, Python, HP and 1911......all Hogues.
Prefer slabs on autos.

Did run Pachmayr compacts on a Smith 60 and Grippers on TC Contenders.

Reactions: bohunr
1 - 14 of 14 Posts