The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a furtaker survey last year and found that I really had to go back into my notes to accurately fill it out. I keep a logbook with set information in it but I also keep a daily log of what I catch and how many sets I have out so I can keep track of catch ratio.

I assumed a lot of trappers in PA keep a trapping notebook but may not have all the information in an easy format to use to fill out the survey or figure out their catch success.

I made these PDF logsheets and asked the PTA to put them on the website so trappers can print them and use them if they wish. I think a lot of folks will find looking at the statistics of their line as interesting as I did.

Here is a direct link both the land and water trapping PDF files. If you go to the PTA website they can be found under the "Resources" section.

http://patrappers.com/trapping-log-sheets/

If you check them out you can see the sheets are set up a little differently. I made them this way because water trapping has more specialized sets and separate seasons so I tried to separate the number of traps for each species. With land trapping most are pretty much targeting multiple species with the same types of sets so on that one just the total land traps are recorded.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

·
Registered
481 Posts
This is great man, thanks!

I added this as feedback when I sent in my survey, cool that you made it and shared with us all.

Good luck this year!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Sweet, they're almost identical to ones I have in my note books but look a lot more professional! Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts