The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow the house game and fish committee will have a meeting on legalizing semi auto rifles for hunting in PA...The meeting is at 11AM...Please call your legislator to vote YES on the Bill 366..Thank you..

·
Registered
25,487 Posts
The Senate "version" of a bill (SB737) authorizing PGC to allow semis for woodchucks and coyotes, passed 49 to 0.

That version bans them for most big game seasons, so you wouldn't be able to shoot 'yotes with one during deer, bear and turkey seasons.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legi...&rc_nbr=149

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
They can pass whatever they want knowing that wolf will veto it. Face it folks we are at least 3.5 years away from a favorable gun law being passed again.

·
Registered
18,620 Posts
ConfusiousSays said:
They can pass whatever they want knowing that wolf will veto it. Face it folks we are at least 3.5 years away from a favorable gun law being passed again.
Let him veto it then. We should work it through if it can be worked through. He said he was a friend of sportsman and gun owners during the campaign. This would be a good test for him.

·
Registered
18,620 Posts
bohunr said:
just sent 4 e-mails this morning to various elected folks in my area asking for them to support this and contact Gov. Wolf asking for him to sign it.

lets go people.

·
Registered
16,974 Posts
got this back from Rep Curt Sonneys office:

Senate Bill 737 passed in the Senate Chamber but now must first be successfully voted out of the House Game & Fisheries Committee and on the house floor.

It' my understanding that the Committee may be looking at considering the bill this fall, but not before. I will make sure that Rep. Sonney is made aware of your support. I'm sure he would support the measure considering he has similar legislation pending in Committee, (HB 223).

·
Registered
18,620 Posts
Both houses are in recess. One of these bills may move come fall. The PGC normally considers major changes to regulations at the January meeting so early fall movement is most likely if it is going to occur this session.

·
Registered
16,974 Posts
I can wait :), just ordered a larger trigger guard and a bi pod adapter for my free float rail.

next up is a cantilever scope mount and a new scope, possibly the vortex crossfire 2 in a 4-12 power.

then some .223 varmint ammo

lots of time to practice.

oops almost forgot the night eyes predator package will be added in the future too.

·
Registered
18,620 Posts
SB737 is scheduled for a vote in the House Game and Fish Committee meeting on September 30th. This bill allows semi auto for coyotes and groundhogs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts