The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hunting with a PA Pellet traditions as well as a friend of mine this year, we both bought Pa pellet Traditions guns. We had trouble with flashes in the pans. We are using Pyrodex pellets and 4 x in the pan, does anyone "prime" the bore with powder, we were thinking that would help?
Does anyone have any advice on

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Get rid of the pellets and use loose real black powder.
Wipe the pan and frizzen with alcohol.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
garyfcc said:
I was hunting with a PA Pellet traditions as well as a friend of mine this year, we both bought Pa pellet Traditions guns. We had trouble with flashes in the pans. We are using Pyrodex pellets and 4 x in the pan, does anyone "prime" the bore with powder, we were thinking that would help?
Does anyone have any advice on
Are you our getting a good spark? If the lock screws are too tight the hammer won't drop fast enough to produce adequate sparks. Pick the flash hole after each shot. Don't overload the flash pan, Half pan is plenty. Make sure that the primed(gray side) of pellets are down.
My PA pellet has been very reliable with 2-50gr pyrodex pellets.

·
Banned
629 Posts
I have found i need to fill my flash pan nearly to the top and push some powder through the flash hole. When i first got it i only filled the pan 1/2 full and usually got flash but no firing. Since filling the pan and pushing a little powder through the flash hole i have not had a single misfire. At least on my PA Pellet it looks like the flash hole sits high in the flash pan. I am using 2 50 gr pyrodex pellets. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
When you put your primer charge in slightly bump the lock side of the rifle to work some of the primer charge to the touch hole.That is all you have to do and you should never have to put a primer charge down the barrel.Like any BP rifle,you have to tune em and keep them checked and especially like posted keep your touch hole open.A friend of mine has one and they are reliable with proper use.Good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is it the newer model with the Accelerator Breech Plug? I just picked one up as well as my cousin, that breech hole is alot longer than the older model that i have, I put a splash of powder down the barrel as well as tip some into the breech hole, use triple seven pellets as well, ignites great
except for yesterday with snow.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
i would use real powder i have nothing against the guns that take the pellets this is just my 2 cents a lb of powder is $21.00 and the pellets are what $17.00 i think and how many pellets are in the package lets say 20 pellets thats 10 shots at 100grs if i had a one of those guns its a no brainer for me rael powder

1 - 12 of 12 Posts