The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of this muzzleloader. anyone have one? Iuse 150 grains(3 777 pellets) and a 250 grain sabot conical bullet.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I've found 2-50 grn pellets of pyrodex and the 240grn 44/50 hornady JHP's work really well in the PA pellets.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I have a PA Pellet also and like it. If the package is a Traditions Deer Hunter, I wouldn't recommend it IMO. Just because the Deer Hunter doesn't have a removable breech plug.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've bought two PA Pellets...love them! Gave one to my nephew and I the newest model with metal sight rather than the plastic ones. Like it better than the Firestorm because of their heavy trigger pull and the octagon barrel is helpful when putting it in a vice if the breech plug gets too tight. ~ 2 inch groups at 50 yards, and I'm not a great shot. 70-80 grains of powder with either a 245 or 295 grn Powerbelt has worked well in both of my PA Pellets. I spent the extra cash got the stainless/synthetic stock model.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I can get a PA pellet in a .50cal, stainless, with snow camo syn. stock for 300.00, or a deerhunter .50 with blued barrel and black syn. stock for 230.00 both are new at a local dealer....which is a better deal????

Thanks, Daron

·
Registered
599 Posts
PA Dreamin' said:
I've bought two PA Pellets...love them! Gave one to my nephew and I the newest model with metal sight rather than the plastic ones. Like it better than the Firestorm because of their heavy trigger pull and the octagon barrel is helpful when putting it in a vice if the breech plug gets too tight. ~ 2 inch groups at 50 yards, and I'm not a great shot. 70-80 grains of powder with either a 245 or 295 grn Powerbelt has worked well in both of my PA Pellets. I spent the extra cash got the stainless/synthetic stock model.
I have the full camo PA Pellet. I also switched out the plastic sights for RMC's steel sights, those plastic sights they equipped them with are junk IMO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For $300 the stainless Pellet should have the metal sights, if not look on-line 'cause I've recently seen the Pellet with plastic sites for $250. For $70 the stainless is worth it I think, but everyone has their own opinion. Depends on if you just want to hunt muzzleloader season or if you'd like to be true to the period.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts