The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, lets help each other out here. These events can be very hard to find because lets face it, not all fisherman are tech savvy and have the ability to rank in google search results.

If you know of an open tournament or open trail please post it and list whether its a single(angler, co angler) tournament or a buddy tournament.

Heres two I know of so far, both on Raystown.

This one is a buddy format with one alternate
http://jimsanchoragefishingevents.com/index.php

This one is a singles
http://www.fishing4five.com/

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Keystone Bass Buddy the tour fishes lake aurther,raystown,Pymatuming,shenango,10 mile mon river and Southside on all 3 rivers

·
Super Moderator
4,536 Posts
Butler Basscaster Wed.night tourneys, Lake Arthur...usually start towards the end of June 6pm-10pm...single/buddy...$30 boat, $1 conservation fee

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That must have a great payout. Is it a lunker or five limit?

·
Super Moderator
4,536 Posts
4 fish+lunker....not all the money pays out each week, they pay 7 places, with 8th place being free entry the following week.....$8/boat=first place $7=second place and so on....now if you qualify for the championship then its free entry and all the money that wasnt paid out in each of the first 12 tournaments goes into the 20 places that they pay out for the championship....so its bigger money for first place ($1,000)....I think championship lunker is split 2 ways and that is around $700

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I organize and run two events for the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #50 on the Upper Allegheny River out of Oil City PA. The events benefit the FOP Lodge to help with the organizations operating expenses.

Both tournaments are 2 man "team" events.

Entry fee is $100 per team per event.

Event #1 is Sun September 15th 2013
Event #2 is Sun Oct 13th 2013

Feel free to PM me for questions or more info. Applications for both events will be out around June.

·
Registered
690 Posts
July 13-14... Two day, two-man tournament $100 per boat plus 20 lunker. James Creek Boat Launch, Raystown Lake. We are going to try and guarantee $1000 for first place, but that is going to depend on sponsorship. More info to follow.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
btm, just a heads up... your tournament is going to be a conflict with the susquehanna lukemia tournament of the same weekend which is held by capital city bass and a guaranteed $3000 first place check.

You might wanna change dates if you havent submitted the application.

·
Registered
176 Posts
btm137 said:
July 13-14... Two day, two-man tournament $100 per boat plus 20 lunker. James Creek Boat Launch, Raystown Lake. We are going to try and guarantee $1000 for first place, but that is going to depend on sponsorship. More info to follow.

Definatly interested in this one could you send me the registration info or who to contact.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
The Bassmasters of Crawford County is holding our annual Spring Class Buddy tournament on Sunday May 5th at Pymatuning Lake, Snodgrass Launch. Boat order is determined by order that the application is received. Apps will be accepted at the ramp - cash only

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ill tell you what I did guys. Go to all of the bass club state websites, find clubs in your areas. If they have a website check it and if they dont contact someone via email. People are JUST now getting permits back.

Seems like theres not a central place to find out about pa tournaments which is a shame. I have offered to put a new page listing them all on my personal site if I had any cooperation.

I could do so in a matter of minutes. Ill throw up what I know at some point today.

If you want my personal site, pm me because I am not certain I can post it per rules.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pabowhunter3 said:
The Bassmasters of Crawford County is holding our annual Spring Class Buddy tournament on Sunday May 5th at Pymatuning Lake, Snodgrass Launch. Boat order is determined by order that the application is received. Apps will be accepted at the ramp - cash only
Can I ask how you are going to have a buddy bass tournament when the season is closed? I added that to the calendar but I am going to remove it in hopes thats a typo and you will give me an updated date.

Unless this is launching on the Ohio side and fishing ohio waters or this lake is exempt? I could be mistaken if thats the case. I am not sure the specifics on that lake.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I need definitive details to add your event to the list. As I get definite dates and times via pm or email I will add it instantly. I need launch times, specific dates, location of launch, weigh in times...

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats what I got to thinking the more I thought about it. I have never fished that lake but my friends club goes out there in May also to fish during the spawn.

I like ohios fishing and hunting regs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts