The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I noticed where the early PA bear season/bow harvest indicated on the PGC website included a York County bear harvest. Would this be the very first York County bear legally harvested in York County since records have been kept?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I thought I noticed where the early PA bear season/bow harvest indicated on the PGC website included a York County bear harvest. Would this be the very first York County bear legally harvested in York County since records have been kept?
I can't speak that its the first ever killed there but definitely not very many. I didn't even see there was one killed there. Id imagine a neighboring township close to another county border.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the info from bear harvest info link on pgc website. It is a neighboring township to adams county. I know one was killed a few years back on the opposite side of route 15...road that seperates york and adams counties. I do know more and more sitings of bears in york county over the past several summers and roadkills...but think this may be a PA bear first. Kind of exciting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The local paper had story of a 340 lb. bear being harvested in Fairview Twp. in York County on December 6th. This makes at least 2 bears being harvested in York County as far as I know. This is big news to me...but then it doesn't take much to excite me. Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts