The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PA Boys make World Series

Congrats to the PA Little League team winning the Mid-Atlantic championship yesterday to earn a trip to Williamsport this week to compete in the World Series. They play their opening game this Friday. I'll be there the entire series again and hope to see a few HPA'ers in the crowds.

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
Re: PA Boys make World Series

Going to be crowded in Williamsport for these players. From across the river from Harrisburg, northern York Co area.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts

Congrats to them.

They are up 18=0 in the bottom pf the 3rd rite now. Some impressive batting.
I must say the coaching and players for the Midwest team they are playing, are extremely good sportsmen about the score, which is just as impressive to me.

Missouri has used all there pitching, so hopefully Pa boys get 3 quick outs here, as the game is pretty lopsided at this point, then the 10 run rule can kick in.

Good sportsmanship, and lots of smiles all around, fun to watch the kids play.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts

Wow, Cole Wagner for Redland ..., 4-4, single, double and 2 HRs, with 5 RBIs... In 3 innings! WOW!

·
Registered
5,063 Posts

10 Run Rule! Mid-Atlantic (Pa.) beats Mid-Western (MO) 18-0!

Outstanding game Redland/York County Boys, and Congratulations!

·
Registered
19,611 Posts

Gee, press didn't give it much coverage this year....oh that's right Mo'ne wasn't playing.

Good luck to the Pa kids

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Birch812 said:
Gee, press didn't give it much coverage this year....oh that's right Mo'ne wasn't playing.

Good luck to the Pa kids
There'll be plenty of press coverage coming...1st time ever at the Series that eight games had to be played in one day because of total rainout of day 1 (every game has to be shown live, not taped which is a huge nightmare in freeing up air time on short notice). There was a couple awesome International games yesterday and a player on Japan's team had 2 HR's in a game as did the PA player. 15 1/2 hour day hauling gear & cable for the cameramen without time to leave the stadium between games gives one a good appreciation of the effort involved so folks across the globe get to watch these awesome young ball players enjoy a dream trip to Williamsport. Hope everyone heads to the Series and experiences this atmosphere firsthand.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts

8-7 right now for South Carolina in the bottom of the 6th. Win or lose, I give the PA coaches huge props for allowing their pitchers to go after SC's big hitters. The same can't be said for the SC coaches unintentionally/intentionally walking Cole Wagner twice, now intentionally walking him once.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts

The PA boys came back and won the game 9-8!!!!

·
Registered
5,063 Posts

3-0 last night against Texas! They are now in the U.S. Championship Game on Saturday!

Go Redland!

·
Registered
12,352 Posts

I took my daughter there last night for the first time. We both loved it, plus the PA boys won! Red Land lefty had some serious stuff last night.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts

he had 13 strike outs they had 15 total K

·
Registered
52,307 Posts

I watched the game,that pitcher had it working last night..Let's hope they win it all, that would be great

·
Registered
12,352 Posts

Yeah too bad he's out now for the tourney on mandatory rest, he had a filthy curve. I guess he hadn't even pitched since the regionals or something like that.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts

Wagner probably will start. Redland has everyone available except Cramer. Cramer was amazing the other night.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

The PA team got a boost from the Texas/CA game as the extra innings had both teams depleting their pitching staff trying to win. Saturday will be quite a show with what I expect to be a record crowd. Great Series! A couple HPA'ers will be running with the cameraman filming the team's parents & fans on the 3rd base side Sat & Sun.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts