The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my black bear back from the taxidermist and wanted to know everyone's thoughts.

·
Registered
779 Posts
very nice..was the table/stand yours or is that actually part of the mount..mind telling how much coin you dropped??

·
Registered
264 Posts
Looks really good. The going price is 250 dollars a foot for life size mounts. And rugs run 175 dollars a foot. So make sure you know how you want your bear done ahead of time. Also make sure the taxidermist is really good at doing bears.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Nice mount and the table is great. Is that a scar on its nose? Gives it some real character.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The mount cost 325 per foot (would have been less but it was over 5 foot long)with a regular low base but I went with the high base (to have storage space and to try to keep by boston terrier away).
No scar on the nose simply the way the flash reflected when taking the photos. If you look at the first two photos you can slightly see where it was shot under the eye coming straight at me in brush.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
It is hard to take good pics of black bears, you have to have some photography knowledge on how to do proper lighting and background.

What did your bear weigh at the check station?

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Crash looks great!!!
Nice up off the floor, keeps the varments from it.

Where is the turkey?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I had to laugh at the photo with the kid stuff in the background . . . I feel ya! Kids really put a damper on the man cave, but you gotta love um. Great pics, hope I didn't offend with the scar question.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts