The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to hunt the same farm as yesterday where I heard 4-5 different gobblers. This time I brought my dad and set up in separate fields. I put him where a tom hit the field first thing yesterday. Hoping I could get him tagged out.
Well today was a different story. We only heard one gobbler on the roost. That gobbler decided to come out a logging road I was set up on near a field. He was a bit hesitant to committ until he crested the hill and got on the logging road. Once he did committ I dumped him at 30 yards.
We ended up sitting the rest of the day out and called in 5 jakes and some hens. The jakes all got a pass. I guess its time to try for OH #2. Good luck out there guys.

20.6 lbs 9” beard and a 7/8” spur.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,151 Posts
Nice bird congrats!!

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Outstanding bird, congrats!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Nice work, man! Congrats again! It's great that he committed. The anxiety when they just stand there and you wonder if they will ever offer a shot is intense. Some days they come, some days they go. Glad to see that you got him on the rope and rolled him. Even though you weren't going to shoot those Jakes, it's great that they showed up. Seeing them work in never gets old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts