The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Good news FLDBRED.

HighCountry, I'm gonna take a wild guess here, but I bet you have no clue how PF works, and answering your questions would be pointless.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
HighCountry66 said:
Pointless?

That really hurts.

Are other members as helpful as you.
I can't speak for other members. I can only go off of your posts. If you were serious then I apologize, but it sure seemed as though you just wanted to throw a jab out at a great organization.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
There is 140,000 members.

How many are quail forever?

Since they are counted together, who's to say if p f membership didn't decline?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
What I see is 1.6 million acres taken out of CRP.

While 140,000 is good, it still isn't enough to stop the trend of falling CRP numbers.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I would like to get into it, but this is not the thread for that. I should have not responded the first time as I do not want to Hijack this thread.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
angus said:
CRP isn't the issue. CRP is a Bandaid if managed properly.
I don't understand either.

I am certain that others cited in another thread that the conservation program was critical to the pheasant. With modern farming there wasn't enough cover. That corn prices were falling and that crp should go on the rise and bring back the lost habitat.

Not attacking, just don.t see how you can have it both ways.

Either it is key or it isn't.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
It is the key program for pheasant recovery. It is not the only component and other state and federal programs along with PF habitat work all contribute to the cause.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
It's good to see PF member numbers climbing. It shows sportsman are responding to the habitat threat to grassland species from ethanol production. Just like the NRA membership grew as the threat to gun ownership was threatened.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lynnappelman said:
It's good to see PF member numbers climbing. It shows sportsman are responding to the habitat threat to grassland species from ethanol production. Just like the NRA membership grew as the threat to gun ownership was threatened.
My thoughts exactly, it's pretty impressive given todays economy.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Lynnappelman said:
They need to end the subsidy on ethanol.

It's a huge waste of money.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The subsidies have ended. It's the ethanol quotas that are the issue today. Federal mandates on the amount of ethanol that needs to be produced.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I think this is the second year in a row that the PF/QF numbers have increased. A PF chapter can do great things in the community they are located in. National PF provides so many programs that it is hard for a chapter to be involved in everything. I think it is great that all the money a chapter raises stays with the chapter. If you look at charity ratings you will see that PF/QF get a very high rating based on the money they bring in and where it is spent. Our local chapter alone is involved with habitat work, youth education/activities and work with veterans.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts