The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://m.thetimes-tribune.com/news/clarks-summit-man-accused-of-shooting-hunter-1.1401925

RANSOM TWP. - A Clarks Summit man was charged with aggravated assault and other counts after he admitted to police he shot a man who was hunting Saturday.

State police said Joseph James Taft, 22, was arrested after the victim, Henry Krieg, 41, of Scranton, reported that Mr. Taft shot him in the face with a rifle near the tree line at 2651 Ransom Road about 7:30 a.m.

Mr. Krieg hid in the woods and called police, who said he was bleeding from a face wound when they found him. Police said Mr. Taft told them he shot Mr. Krieg because he was upset someone was hunting "their deer."

Mr. Taft's bail information was not available.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Please, no one call this a hunting accident or incident. It was agrevated assault with a deadly weapon at best and attempted murder at worst.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Really? You find humor in this?

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
BOOTOXEN said:
straight meat honker? blow a goose call at this guy?

all kidding aside, hope they throw the book at this guy.

Janie said:
Shaking My Head... Makes you wonder what the heck goes through someone's mind when they crawl out of bed in the morning.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Wow, "somebody was hunting their deer"? It seems like there might be a little more background to the story, but nothing that should lead to a shooting. This young man certainly has issues. Hopefully, justice prevails.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I pitty the guy that attempts to shoot me over their deer! This should be attempted murder. You just don't shoot someone in the face with te intent to kill!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Not sure bout relevance of what he/shooter said?
so ... He shot someone in face, period. ... In the woods on a city street where ever
Thats Attempted murder... Assault w deadly weapon ...
Wht am I missing ?

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Gentlemen,
Lets hope proper charges are brought and that this perp spends many years in jail.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Banned
979 Posts
Gotta love it, "Thier Deer", when did they buy them and where is the receipt?? Any bar coding or identifiable coding to distinguish between thier deer and the rest in the state?? Throw the book at em and let him rot!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was questioning why it was a rifle? Turkey hunting with a rifle, or was it really a shotgun, hence why the victim made it? Was the victim trespassing (not that it matters)? The Times-Tribune writers <span style="font-style: italic">tick</span> me off too sometimes... ASK PROPER QUESTIONS! ASK A FOLLOW-UP!

This <span style="font-style: italic">ticks</span> me off so much. Hope this punk rots in jail.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
So, am I correct in assuming everyone above who posted was there and saw exactly what happened, correct?

Everyone knows for a fact this wasn't self defense, correct?

Everyone knows for a fact there was only one shot fired, from one weapon, correct?.

And lastly, everything printed in the article is EXACTLY what happened, correct?

Just sayin...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts