The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for those that have Ozone generating devices that are popular with archery hunters. Ozone kills all bacteria and viruses. My wife has Covid and I have been using Ozone to sanitize all of our facemasks on a regular basis so they can be re-used. Facemasks are hard to come by these days so if you are short, and have ozone, you are in business to keep the masks virus free. I have doing the same with her hairbrushes, toothbrushes, and some other personal items that she uses.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Thanks for the tip!
My wife works in health care and its becoming an increasing worry. I have a couple ozone devices I can use.....
Never thought of that.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Just a heads up for those that have Ozone generating devices that are popular with archery hunters. Ozone kills all bacteria and viruses. My wife has Covid and I have been using Ozone to sanitize all of our facemasks on a regular basis so they can be re-used. Facemasks are hard to come by these days so if you are short, and have ozone, you are in business to keep the masks virus free. I have doing the same with her hairbrushes, toothbrushes, and some other personal items that she uses.
Yep, I brought that up at work a month ago to co-workers. We have used Ozone a lot at work and wondered why the medical people have not been doing what you are?

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
I read that the virus dies below 27 degrees so I been putting stuff in the freezer overnite. Money, wallet, mail, debit card, ect.
I heard a virologist on TV say just the opposite....that freezing has no effect. Soooo much contrary information out there....:sad:

I've heard from several sources UV light kills the virus. Those uv phone sanitizers might prove useful for phones and other smaller items.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts