The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
6,669 Posts
Romo, Kolb, McNabb (at least the coach in Minnesota realized this) and I would have to add Jackson (bad move by Seattle, unless their goal was for Luck next season)

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Cam Newton

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
treestand91 said:
im gonna have to say romo #1
If he didn't have a blue star on his helmet, we wouldn't even know he's in the NFL. Joe Flacco. Philip Rivers-you couldn't melt him down and pour him into a big game. Dude is a stat machine, but who cares when you've been in the league since 2004 and have only a couple division titles in a crappy division.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
treestand91 said:
tebow would be a close second
I'm not disappointed in Tebow. He's not an NFL QB, never showed any signs that he could be an NFL QB, so he's doing exactly what he should be doing. He's not Jamarcus Russel or Ryan Leaf, but he's just not ever going to be an NFL QB. No race statement here, but lets face it, Tebow is a white Vick with a lesser arm.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
kudu58 said:
Followed closely by Michael Vick...
yeah he looks really overrated in this game, right? tebow at this point in his career is absolutely overrated but its not at all by his doing. he's so athletic and has such great intangibles I think he could be a starter in this league. but with just a few starts under his belt its really starting to show. he's not going to be like aaron rodgers in his first year. but I sure hope the broncos give him time to make his own groove in the league.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
He has a horrible release, and is somewhat inaccurate. Not what you want in a franchise QB. Additionally, the way he plays exposes him to a much higher risk of injury. Ben has the same issue, but he's a far better QUARTERBACK than Tebow will ever dream of being. Ben is able to stand in the pocket and pick a team apart if he's hurt, as we saw today. I don't believe Tebow has that.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
a lot of great qb's had unconventional releases ie dan marino. accuracy will be his biggest problem and I think in time will become his biggest asset. regardless of what he doesn in the nfl, I hope we can all agree he shoudl go down as one of the top 5 best college players of all time.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Dan Castle said:
a lot of great qb's had unconventional releases ie dan marino. accuracy will be his biggest problem and I think in time will become his biggest asset. regardless of what he doesn in the nfl, I hope we can all agree he shoudl go down as one of the top 5 best college players of all time.
Marino had an unbelievably quick release. It's one reason he was hard to sack. It's not like he was going to run away from anyone. No NFL QB should have to be taught accuracy. They should have that by the time they make it to the league. Reading defenses, game management, yes, but when you have to teach a guy making millions of dollars a physical skill, that's a problem.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
theres a difference between teaching accurancy and working on accurancy. most of his accurancy problems right now I think can be attributed to a lack of experience and knowledge of his routes and defenses etc. Its just like a WR becoming a better route runner. the development doesn't stop in the NFL. he won't be a premier passer in the league but he's crazy athletic and all the intagibles are there so I'd like to see the broncos give him a legitament shot

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
thats literally the dumbest thing thats ever been said on this board lol whether or not the steelers beat him or however you feel about him, brady is the best qb in teh league and one of the best of all time

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
He's good, but in the sense of the word, he is overrated. What's Brady won without cheating? He puts up crazy numbers, but they are just numbers. He's Puppy Fur soft, and has suspect arm strength. He is a brilliant field general, I'll admit.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
2 Super Bowl Wins, including one in his second year, 3 Super Bowl appearances, best start ever for a rookie QB. Ben is the definition of big time QB.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
2 Super Bowl Wins, including one in his second year, 3 Super Bowl appearances, best start ever for a rookie QB. Ben is the definition of big time QB.
And 2 sexual assault charges that you know of he paid to make disappear.... what a role model.
I would take Brady over Big Ben everyday of the week.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts