The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some bucks with antlers starting to grow. A pair of them with about 10 inch sprouts coming from their heads. Also seen a doe and a fawn,that was still wet and the doe licking it.
Driving on state route there were 4 dead deer. 2 for sure were bucks the others heads were not turned so i could see the tops of them?
My son has been seeing a few Ring-necks rosters, squirrels and turkeys. The highways are full of Opposums turned into highway pizza!A couple fellows have seen a big Bear,a few times.
Cornfields are growing as is the soybeans.
I hope we have a good mast crop this year?
You folks seeing anything ?

·
Registered
10,073 Posts
I had a decent weekend seeing wildlife as well. We were up at camp. Caught quite a few trout. Saw 31 deer, one of which was a buck with pretty good growth already. Also saw 3 flocks of turkeys, a bald eagle perched in a tree eating a fish and a very large bear. It was definitely in the 400-500 pound range-fat and with a big bum that rippled when he walked. Good weekend.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Had a Friend send me a pic of this one She had under her porch late last week. It was a hot morning, and She saw it while having Her child care kids out playing in the sun.

I told Her to keep an eye out for Mom after She took the Urchins inside for lunch. Lo and behold Mom showed up for lunch about a half hour after they went inside!

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Willyp, do you know if that cold snap/frost, up your way, did significant damage to the apple crop? I believe it happened around May 15. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I'm seeing road killed deer, cicadas, and now gypsy moth caterpillars. Took a bike ride today and already seeing trees defoliated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts