The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We waited for the snow to end and headed out about Noon.
Got to our go to multiflora rose spot for the first time all year. Lawdog was supposed to come up but called to cancel because of the snow.
Ended up there was about 6" at the house but only about 3 at "Plymouth Rock" as we call it.
The first jump took about 15 minutes and then it was on !
Rabbits came out of almost every bush, The dogs just hammered. We must have had 6 or 7 split chases.
Only about 6 rabbits went to ground and the dogs dropped a few more that ran the same tracks in the snow 3 or 4 circles.
When the day ended, there were 14 rabbits on the tailgate and 4 tired hounds.
4 happy hunters too !!!
Here are a few pics.

Awesome day !!!!
Was super proud of the dogs today.

John L

·
Banned
437 Posts
yes it was,yinz slaughtered them.we went to a new spot and played with a blackpowder pistol,rule was after the shooter missed three times the other guy could blast with shotgun,video to come.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I need a couple quarts of blood after pushing through that cover. Super hound work today in tough conditions, and the shooting wasn't too bad either. Had a great time as usual.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Ugh. I listened to all the internet experts (myself included) who just knew that rabbits wouldn't be out today. lol.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I just want to know who was the unlucky one that didn't get there limit?

Congrats on a great hunt. I sat this one out, headed to NY in the morning to pick up lady from Rich Wells.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John-PA said:
I just want to know who was the unlucky one that didn't get there limit?

Congrats on a great hunt. I sat this one out, headed to NY in the morning to pick up lady from Rich Wells.
Hope all went well John

Both Janie and myself only got 3 but that's just fine.

John

·
Registered
525 Posts
Good job, John. Spot I went to today only was able to jump 3 in 3 hours. 60 yds was the longest chase, straight to ground. Shortest was about 30. Dogs hunted their tails off.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
great day here in crawford county too. the dog really did her part, but the shooter(me) just didn't make it happen. great day to be out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts