The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used any of the consultants that work with a lot of outfitters? A friend and I are looking for a Newfoundland moose or elk hunt for this fall. We put in for the higher chance draw in NM that a friend recommended but were not successful. I mostly like to go where someone i know has already went and recommended but I am out of options.

I was thinking about Hunting Consultants Unlimited as I grabbed some of their info at the Harrisburg show or Premier Hunting Adventures (advertised on here). Has anyone used them or recommend others like them?

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I have used Hunting Consultants Unlimited. Cliff Graham is a PA guy and lives over near Cranberry. I booked an Alaskan combo grizzly/caribou hunt through him and it was the greatest hunting trip that I've ever been on. And that is out of quite a few trips. I also booked an antelope hunt through him for 2019 and if that outfitter is as good as I've heard, I'll be booking an elk hunt also for the following year.

In my experience, Cliff has given me good, honest information. If he doesn't know an answer, he has told me that and had me speak directly with the outfitter. I have no concerns in the least in dealing with him and I actually recommend him, which is something that I don't do very much.

Best of luck to you in booking your trip.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Larry with Premier Hunting. He's a Pa guy who relocated out west, and did a great job with my crew on a Wyoming elk hunt. There is no charge from him, he gets payed by the outfitter!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all. I talked to both Cliff and Larry. Being this late, Cliff was booked for the hunts I was interested in. Larry was able to find us an elk hunt in Colorado in the second season. Both were great guys to talk to and would have gladly worked with either one. Now it is time to get in shape and convince the wife I need a new gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts