The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a place where someone could go and view all of the licensing requirements for each state (maybe Canada too)?

I asked a question about New Mexico elk on another thread and it was kindly answered but I wondered if there was a place that list every state and the types of license (maybe not all inclusive, that would be massive).

For example it could show PA - Over the Counter (Res. & Non-Res.) - Elk Draw - Preference Points Needed - License for 1 antlered deer - antlerless tags available

Something like that.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Backwoods, there was a girl selling books at the Bowhunters Festival this year with all the info you are looking for! I did not buy it, but paged thru it, and now wish I did get it. Maybe if you do some Google research you could find the resource/book I'm talking about. Sorry I can't help with the book , but maybe you can dig something up.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I was in Tractor Supply Company (TSC) a month ago, and they had books in 8 and 1/2 by 11 inch format on newsprint that claimed to have all that information for U.S. states and Can. provinces. I was looking for information on Wyoming Antelope units, which was rather vague. But it may have what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If you are looking for western states and units get a subscription to Eastmans Hunting Journals. Its about $30 and gives you detailed info about most western states and the units within. Draw odds, hunt quality lots of info.

·
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. I want to start putting in for some of these hunts now with the expectation being I don't get to hunt for 3-5 years (or more).

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
There is a publication called the conservation directory. It has all the state conservation agencies in it as well as info for hunting in those states.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts