The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for advice on a hunting trip to take my dad on. Fall of 2017 would probably be the earliest. Looking at either an archery whitetail or mule deer gun hunt. Looking for references on hunts HPA members have taken or know someone that did. I don't want to break the bank. I know this is not easily done when an outfitter is involved. I went to the Sportsmans Show in Harrisburg last year to get some ideas and it was overwhelming with all of the different vendors. I'd rather hear from some people who have actually done it.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Wyoming whitetail with the bow. You will see a 100 deer a night with most bucks being P&Y Ive been there three times, and shot 3 great bucks. The last time I was there I shot a velvet 9 and he was the 23rd buck I saw by day 2!

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
Have you looked over Larry's Premier Hunting Adventures hunts under HPA Sponsors? I have never used him but his customers seem to be very pleased. He does most of the homework for you.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My Father-in-law went to Wyoming on a mule deer hunt last year. Had a blast and came home with a nice mule deer and antelope.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I just used Larry this past October for a Wyoming elk hunt. My group went 4 for 4 on 6x6 bulls. The outfitter we used went 100% on all animals pursued in 2015. Whitetail, Mule deer, elk and antelope. That says something right there!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate all the recommendations so far. I'll have to look into Larry's hunts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Have you given any thought about going to South Africa ?? Most of the outfitters there have package hunts With discounted price for certain animals. Guided hunts out west cost as much for 1 animal as the cost for 5 animals in S. Africa. Just a thought !!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Wyoming.... Trophy Mountain Outfitters.

A+++ hunting and outfitter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts