The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we have been hunting a private farm in illinois for 8 years now. 4 of us. every year one of us shoota a 160 or better. it is amazing out there. me and my one buddy messed up again and shot little bucks. we are far right and far left. the second buck from the left was 161 and the second one from the left was 148. mine mabe 130. if more pa hunters saw the way deer hunting was in the midwest they would probably cry. way less pressure and not an army shooting every doe they see.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
338/378wm said:
we have been hunting a private farm in illinois for 8 years now. 4 of us. every year one of us shoota a 160 or better. it is amazing out there. me and my one buddy messed up again and shot little bucks. we are far right and far left. the second buck from the left was 161 and the second one from the left was 148. mine mabe 130. if more pa hunters saw the way deer hunting was in the midwest they would probably cry. way less pressure and not an army shooting every doe they see.
My brother has been guiding out there for several years. I'm afraid to go out there in fear of becoming totally addicted like he did. Congrats to all of you on AWESOME
!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.the buck on the ground in the back is a 174 inch 11 point shot by a guy from Georgia. As far as acerage I'm not sure. We all hunt our own farm. Big crop fields with woodlots.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts