The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link, my Britt, has been down and out and under his Vet's care now for about 3 weeks. He has an infection that has resulted in his throat swelling up with two golf ball sized knots on each side. His energy level has been very low. I spoke to his Vet Thursday night and asked if it would be OK to take him out for short run. He said that it should OK and that I should watch him closely and not let him run for much more than an hour.

So off we went for our short Grouse Hunt. I chose a location that I could get fairly close too by vehicle. This is how it went.

Link made a find

Groused flushed

Grouse few away! with me not even taking a shot.

With my fever racing I decided that Link had done enough for the day and needed his rest for another day.

Hopefully we will have many more days together like yesterday just a tad bit longer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah! If there is a tree anywhere around their lift off site they get behind it and head for the hills. Making a fool of me nearly every time.

This one must not have seen Link, he darn near ran into his mouth. Now that would have really been something "Dog Catches Grouse"

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys for the praise of the pics.

I would have to say that I owe Les Stroud, the Creator and Star of the "Survivorman TV Series" for getting me interested in learning as much as I could about self filming. I was very very impressed by the filming techniques he used on the show and decided I just had to learn how to do it myself.

I have now been able to store up many wonderful memories that would have been lost and probably forgotten. Most of which are of my best Buddy, Link my Britt, and I doing our thing.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Are you using a head mounted camera/ video camera? Those pics are great!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Springspan, yes to the headcams along with video editing software. The raw cam footage needs a bit of help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts