The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy told me that the Oswayo Trout Hatchery in Potter county is closing. Is this true? If so, what's the reason?

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it a Hatchery or a Nursery? I visited it twice while hunting in the area but I don't recall.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Always called it a hatchery, the plan was to close both of our local hatcheries and ship fish from State College. Think it was just a chess play to get a license increase but for whatever reason they are no longer on the chopping block at this time.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
pottercountyman said:
Always called it a hatchery, the plan was to close both of our local hatcheries and ship fish from State College. Think it was just a chess play to get a license increase but for whatever reason they are no longer on the chopping block at this time.
Not to get a license increase, to get alternative funding. A license increase was rejected so participants wouldn't be lost.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
kudu58 said:
pottercountyman said:
Not to get a license increase, to get alternative funding. A license increase was rejected so participants wouldn't be lost.
word from the fish commission while stocking was it was a ploy to put pressure on the legislator for the funding and if that resulted in a license increase it would be a black eye against the legislature and not the fish commission

·
Registered
332 Posts
BowMaster5687 said:
Thank God is right.
It's a hatchery and nursery.
Just a few years ago I was over there on behalf of our nursery in Morris and I was taken through the facility in one of the buildings where they hatch out the freys.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I wasn't sure if they hatched them there or not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts