The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Fork Fishing Club is raffling off the following fly rod combo or a cash option of $300.00. Tickets will be $5.00 each.

8'6", 5wt,4 piece,flex tip Orvis Hydros Fly Rod
Battenkill Large Arbor II reel
Double Taper 5wt Orvis Wonderline
or
$300.00 Cash

You can visit our website for contact information. http://www.firstforkfishingclub.org or mail the $5.00 to the following address and we will send you the ticket stub. The random drawing will be held at our August 17th meeting.

First Fork Fishing Club
PO Box 24
Austin, PA 16720

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I'll take 4 of them, I wish you had these on you when I ran into you.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The actual tickets wont be here until Thursday. Just putting this out there early. When you ran into me I was at the post office hoping to pick up the rod but the treasurer already had it.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
rats, foiled again, grab me four if you would and I can swing by next weekend. Or I can put the cash in the mail today to the Austin PO, whatever you prefer. I need one more plate for the jeep to if you got it

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got about 50 license plates still. Just stop by and pick your tickets up. It's easier than mailing them. I'll be home all weekend.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
you would have to be a fool to take $300. i think that reel is a little big but at the same time. i think the rod alone costs that much. thats probably in reality a $600 package retail.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very valid point.

Orvis Retail is $495.00 for the rod. $198.00 for the reel. $69.00 for the line. Total is $762.00 before any tax or anything.

However, with 300 woman working in the office with me and the VP we figured it would sell more tickets than just a rod would and if someone took the money we could raffle the rod again before Christmas. I know quite a few non sportsman that do not know the value of this rod that will buy the ticket for a chance a $300.00 even though they could probably sell the rod for more.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Browntrout is the winner!! 1 person from HPA bought tickets and he won the rod.
Congrats man, you can pick the rod up at my house when you are at camp.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts