The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other Orthodox out there getting ready for Holy Pascha? If so, what other then the traditional items are you adding to your basket? I am adding Bar-B-Que deer meat with the lamb.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Holy Week has ended after about 48 days of fasting. We had services twice a day during that week. Saturday Pascha (Easter) started at 10:30 PM and lasted until 3:00 AM Sunday morning. By the time we got home from Church the sun was coming up. A beautiful and wonderful service!! CHRIST IS RISEN! INDEED HE IS RISEN! This is a photo of one of our Preist Blessing with the Censer.

·
Registered
12,725 Posts
Greek or Russian Orthodox? I am not even sure if there is a difference and I know nothing about either. Always curious though. I am Catholic but was always curious of the differences.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No difference, the Preist help each other with the services. Greek, Russian, Slavonic, and my favorite English is the norm. We are under the Orthodox Church in America. Across the street from our Church is an Orthodox Catholic Church, the services are the same.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
It has always aroused my curiosity about what is different about many of the religions, Presbyterian, Epicapalean, Mthodist, Baptist,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts