The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to say thanks for the assistance I received here. I ordered a Deerstalker 50 cal flintlock today. Was quoted $335, which seems to be a good price. Will post numerous other questions when it arrives

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Another one gets the Black Powder virus!

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Remember....it's powder,patch,ball.....or was that patch,powder,ball....or was that ball,powder,ball?....or was that powder....ball...patch....patch....tamp....pan powder....where is that ram-rod? What was that noise by that log? Look at those doe watch me as my gun goes "click".

Your gonna love this stuff!!!

Dave

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just got my lyman deerstalker 2 weeks ago.....Love that thing.....4 buddies I hunt with all use the deerstalker and none have had a misfire in 3 years......I couldn't get my old one to go off for three years. Hence the deerstalker

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bought a Deerstalker a month ago myself. You are going to love it. After shooting different loads my gun shot 80 grains of Goex and a 240 grain PA Conical the best out of it. Just a suggestion in case you were thinking of different loads to try out!

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
pj57fire said:
Just bought a Deerstalker a month ago myself. You are going to love it. After shooting different loads my gun shot 80 grains of Goex and a 240 grain PA Conical the best out of it. Just a suggestion in case you were thinking of different loads to try out!
I love the PA Conical. Did you use 2F or 3F ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was shooting 2f. Can't wait to see how they perform on deer. I am taking a week and a half off from work for the late season and heading north to Potter County. Hopefully I can connect with one.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It arrived today, and it's a beauty! It came with fiber optic sights, which I didn't want, but they sure are bright. looking forward to shooitng it next week.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Traditions makes a DeerStalker and Lyman makes a DeerSlayer.
Seems to be confuseing to some here.Anyways I paid 350 for a new Lyman.
My bad;Traditions-Deerslayer,Lyman Deerstalker....see how confuseing it is ?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I am getting ready to start shooting my new deerstalker again. I bought it early summer and could not get a group. I am thinking I may have to try shooting conicals.

I really hope my shooting improves, but I still think my trigger pull is way too stiff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts