The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered my non res. license online last week. Hunting license will be sent to my house they said and I printed my non-res. archery tag.
I am leaving to hunt Dubois area and my hunting license has not arrived yet. I know, I know, I should have done it earlier, but usually I get it within 2-3 days. I called the online agent and they said they have 7-10 days to send it. Can't do nothing until then. So what am I to do? Can I go to a PALS agent and get a copy? or do I have to stay in Ohio and hunt here? What are my options?
ski

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
ski1559 said:
So I ordered my non res. license online last week. Hunting license will be sent to my house they said and I printed my non-res. archery tag.
I am leaving to hunt Dubois area and my hunting license has not arrived yet. I know, I know, I should have done it earlier, but usually I get it within 2-3 days. I called the online agent and they said they have 7-10 days to send it. Can't do nothing until then. So what am I to do? Can I go to a PALS agent and get a copy? or do I have to stay in Ohio and hunt here? What are my options?
ski
I would go to a walmart and buy a "replacement" copy for your "lost" license. I think its like 6 or $10

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
He doesn't have a lost license, nor stolen or misplaced.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The sad thing is, that with the new PAL System and most WalMarts being 24 hour stores - he could have bought a license, in person, anywhere in PA - from the state line all the way to Dubois.

Sad....

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
John S said:
He doesn't have a lost license, nor stolen or misplaced.
But is his receipt, along with this printed archery tag sufficient for hunting?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'm not sure of the correct answer to that question---but this is one of those cases were I would take the purchase receipt and archery tag--and go hunting.

There are times that it is better to beg forgiveness than ask for permission

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
that aint gonna cut it if he get a deer. Whats he going to tag it with?

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Call the regional office and ask what you should do. The issue is that you won't have a tag to tag the deer. They may tell you to make a home made tag, or not.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
That's why I order early! Even ordered my bear a few weeks back after I will be able to go early. Both were here in 7 days or less to North Carolina.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did get my archery tag, I was able to print that on my printer. So I can tag a deer if I get one... I just don't have my general license. I'll call a regional office tommorrow.
ski

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
If I'm reading your post correctly, your archery "stamp" is not a tag. Your archer stamp simply allows you to archery hunt.

I order online every year. 3 yrs ago, it was 2 weeks after ordering and I still hadn't received my packet. I called HBG, and the lady issued me another license. Well One arrived 3 days later, and the other, the day after. I had 2 licenses, and all my partners thought I hit the jackpot.
I told them that they knew me better than that, and tossed one of em in the can.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
called Harrisburg today and they looked me up in the computer. She gave me a 9 digit number(computer ID) to take with me to a license agant and they would give me a new license for $6.00 replacement fee. The license in the mail would be void she said. What's another 6 bucks when I already paid $130 +-?? Time to pack the truck, PA here I come...

ski

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Did they say they had mailed it?

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
ski1559 said:
called Harrisburg today and they looked me up in the computer. She gave me a 9 digit number(computer ID) to take with me to a license agant and they would give me a new license for $6.00 replacement fee. The license in the mail would be void she said. What's another 6 bucks when I already paid $130 +-?? Time to pack the truck, PA here I come...

ski
Thats what I figured they would say. Lost, stolen, replacement, whatever, $6 and you got a new license.
Good Luck on your hunt!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
That's interesting because the lady issued me an entire license and I didn't pay a cent extra. Maybe I have a gentle phone demeanor.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
She could not tell if they had sent it, only that they had 7-10 days to mail it. Used to be, the license came from harrisburg, now the y have an outside company send it. I think from Nashville, TN!?!? Back when it was PA, they had a great system, now you can expect 7-10 days.

ski
I'll report back on Sunday when I get home.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Have a great time Ski. Glad you got it worked out.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
That's true. Maybe the gaff that happened to me was easier to discern what happened being it was on the "old" system.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts