The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
In all fairness, he never said all gun hunters were idiots. He just said there were idiots running around the woods with guns. Lord knows there's no shortage of idiots out there, and some of them hunt!

Lord knows there's no shortage of idiots out there, and some of them hunt! with guns OR bows.

FIFY

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
In all fairness, he never said all gun hunters were idiots. He just said there were idiots running around the woods with guns. Lord knows there's no shortage of idiots out there, and some of them hunt!
in all reality... negative general statements about fellow hunters reflect poorly on ALL of us.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
in all reality... negative general statements about fellow hunters reflect poorly on ALL of us.
I understand where your coming from. But to deny that there's a small segment of our demographic that's regularly unsafe in their actions, and/or morally compromised, does us no good either. We can still acknowledge they exist, while still teaching the general public that it's the exception, not the rule.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
I understand where your coming from. But to deny that there's a small segment of our demographic that's regularly unsafe in their actions, and/or morally compromised, does us no good either. We can still acknowledge they exist, while still teaching the general public that it's the exception, not the rule.
No comment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll say it. There are people who go out and hunt who should not be in the woods. Some should not have a weapon in their hands. I will call them a lot of things and I don't care if it hurts someone's feelings. You are a hunter out to kill for your food not sitting in daycare playing with toys. I have had bullets zip past me as I was setting in a stand ( he ran so fast I could not get my hands on him). I had someone shoot at a stick right above my head just to see if he could make it fall on me ( I knocked him out when I got my hands on this one). There are idiots out in the woods with every type of hunting weapon. This is not just a PA thing ether. I lived in Indiana and they were out there also. In fact I found them in every state I have hunted and fish in. It does not make us look bad for pointing them out. It makes them look bad. As far as people small game hunting. I don't hold nothing against them if I'm on public land. They have the right to walk miles in to shoot small game as anyone else. They don't know you are out their deer hunting. If they did most would stay out or move on. Unless it was one of the idiots. Like the one who came up near me, waved at me and then moved 3 trees down from me and set his stuff up.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sooooo....if you carry a bow during regular firearms season are you orange exempt? If not, what is the difference?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Sooooo....if you carry a bow during regular firearms season are you orange exempt? If not, what is the difference?
Yes it’s required after thanksgiving For anyone hunting.
Difference is single shot vs Multiple rounds.
And a couple 100k more people hunting.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Are senior, junior and military folks limited to single shots for early antlerless rifle this weekend? I'm not sure. I think it would be more dangerous with the amount of foliage.

My only guess of why taking the orange away is because of a lack of incidents...but isn't a lack of incidents a reason to keep it?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Are senior, junior and military folks limited to single shots for early antlerless rifle this weekend? I'm not sure. I think it would be more dangerous with the amount of foliage.

My only guess of why taking the orange away is because of a lack of incidents...but isn't a lack of incidents a reason to keep it?

No rules against wearing orange if it’s not required.
Again talking 100k more hunters.
Not sure what you’re agenda is make people wear orange since you keep bringing it up.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Plain and simple if I hunted state land during muzzleloader or senior/youth rifle you better believe I'd be wearing orange as a bow hunter. As people have mentioned there are a lot of "not so smart" people out there. On private land I obviously would decline wearing orange when not required.

As far as people getting offended over a comment that is true and did NOT in any way suggest all gun hunters are idiots, stop acting like the hosts on CNN and grow a set.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Just making conversation. Laws change all the time, just curious why it happens.

·
Registered
11,127 Posts
In all fairness, he never said all gun hunters were idiots. He just said there were idiots running around the woods with guns.
This is what he said "what makes hunters who use guns idiots?" In all fairness he said hunters who use guns are idiots. He may have meant something else but that statement infers all gun hunters are idiots.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
This is what he said "what makes hunters who use guns idiots?" In all fairness he said hunters who use guns are idiots. He may have meant something else but that statement infers all gun hunters are idiots.

You know what they say about assumptions...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts