The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the changes in the reg.s , some confusion has come about on this…HELP!

If I’m hunting during the flintlock season and I’m in a management area where others are still hunting with a rifle, do I have any orange requirements?

I know that I do need it during the inline season while I’m bow hunting.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
After christmas flintlock season there are no FO requirements...where are people still hunting with rifles in pa this time of year...ITS flint and bow only even in SRA

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
My bad ...the book does state that gun season is still in for the SRA...but no FO requirement...I would wear it anyway

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hunterpaul32 said:
My bad ...the book does state that gun season is still in for the SRA...but no FO requirement...I would wear it anyway
Darn! I was just about to turn in a few 100 poachers and retire on the reward!
No really, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
no orange just try to watch out for the other hunters i wear my buckskins during flintlock season but i do carry a orange hat in my bag just in case i see someone to let them know iam there

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
hunterpaul32 said:
After christmas flintlock season there are no FO requirements...where are people still hunting with rifles in pa this time of year...ITS flint and bow only even in SRA
You can use a rifle for doe only in all parts of 2B except for Allegheny county

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was rabbit hunting Saturday and a guy walked by in all camo heading deeper into the woods. I thought he was pretty risky as he had to hear the dogs running and he parked right beside my truck.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The orange laws are foolish. Imagine it's Oct - I could jump in my friend's truck, drive to the hunting location with him, we depart from the truck, he's hunting with an inline m/l, I'm bow hunting. I can do the orange strap once in my stand (orange hat/vest moving), he has to wear the orange at all times. Now....who's more capable of being shot in mistake of game or in the line of fire....the guy shooting a bow or a guy shooting a m/l? Not to even mention the lady I saw walking on state forest ground the first week of rifle deer season, wearing a brown coat!!

Don't rely on seeing flo orange to know it's a human, you must positively identify your target and what is beyond at all times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts