The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A takeoff from the other thread of the ones you miss. This one is for things your glad they changed, or gadgets you really like.

I will start it of by saying SUSPENSIONS. I remember when a 1/2 ton rode worse than a lumber wagon!! Since there are variables between manufactures, I will just say I am glad my 3/4 ton rides better than the old 1/2 tons.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
I enjoy the heated and cooled seats.
Will also say the backup camera. They make you look like a pro. I had the FIL going for a while. I was lining the hitch up perfect with pickup. Then got in the International and the truth came out. Missed by a foot.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Glad when I ordered my rig back in 98 that I got a basic Cheyenne with no A/C, stick shift,trailer package,roll windows,manual locks,heavy duty off road.It looks like it is a 14 not an 98.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just the opposite for me, when I ordered my 2011, I told the salesman to put every option on it Chevy offered....

Then we went down the whole list, and I did remove rear seat DVD, and the power slide rear window. I have had the windows before, and it seemed like every time I opened it going down the road, it just blew any dirt from the bed in the cab, so I didn't want that option.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Assisted lift gate. Some of those tailgates weigh a ton and you get tired of it if your in and out all the time. Everyone that lifted my assisted tailgate about slammed it off the bed because they weren't expecting it to be so light. That's when their eyes get real big and they say "oh wow, that's nice"

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
I think my Tundra has that Bearklr. It certainly has the option so the tailgate does not slam when opened. It gets the same eyes opened that is nice look.

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
Deer archer said:
I think my Tundra has that Bearklr. It certainly has the option so the tailgate does not slam when opened. It gets the same eyes opened that is nice look.
Yep, open the tailgate, let go and watch the tailgate fall slowly on it's own.

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
TPlank said:
Deer archer said:
Definately a good option for a chick lol.That's almost as good as having a tampon dispenser behind the seat.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
dce said:
TPlank said:
Deer archer said:
Definately a good option for a chick lol.That's almost as good as having a tampon dispenser behind the seat.
Yep thanks. That dispenser is usually the glove box.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
dce said:
TPlank said:
Deer archer said:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
when I was truck shopping for a used truck . the main point I was looking for was no useless junk on it. its a truck not a mercedes! its going into the woods after firewood and logs, and to the mine for 2 ton of coal. found one with the barest of options, air and cruise both which have never been used.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts