The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to gift card obligations, I am limited to buying a bow at a certain Sporting Goods Store(Mans Name). My choices for around the $500 range are the Barnett AVI 400 and the Crosman Teton. Both are packages.
Which do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I'd get a hold of Arrowhead on this sight,the store you named is not the place to go in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
If I had to choose between the two, I would opt for the Centerpoint (crosman) Teton. They seemed like the higher quality of the two, at least in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Retiredusne8 said:
I'd get a hold of Arrowhead on this sight,the store you named is not the place to go in my opinion.
i agree i just spoke with him the other day about my bow options very helpful.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Pa hunter29, why dont you ask arrowhead if he will take the voucher and you get a real crossbow! might have to add some but you get a much nicer bow. plus you be able to get parts. ............ just a opinion! or sell it ! take money to arrowhead? almost got enough for a tornado! wouldnt rather shoot that bow?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Another vote for Arrowhead. I bought a parker tornado off of him, and you can't beat the deal he gives you. Parker's are the same price everywhere, I believe parker sets the price, but the extras and service you get from Mike are second to none.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Of the two, I would go with the Crosman. Check to see if that dealer can special order something else in. No rush at this point as the season is a long way off. For $500, Ten Point is coming out with a lower line in that range and so is Parker in 2010.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Which one feels better in your hands?Will they let you shoot them?That may help you decide.As dpms said see if they can special order you a bow.I personally like Excaliburs because of simplicity.Face it a 500 dollar bow will work well no matter the brand.Consider the warranty of each brand as well.A good warranty is worth extra cost in my opinion.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree with the others, sell the gift card and go with a Tornado, best crossbow out there for under $1k in my opinion and I've owned a bunch of them

·
Registered
615 Posts
lets just say............if you were to buy a gun..........would it be made in china? would that gun cost more than 500$......... could you get parts quick if broken? ............ why would a crossbow or a compound bow be any different?.......and who gets the money......china or our sponser? ........ there would be no decision here!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hanks for the help guys. I really like the ten point slider and will hold out until I get it. Just have to use the gift cards on a new gun perhaps. what a shame.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Thanks for the wonderful comments guys. Glad I can be here to help. When you are ready for that Ten Point Pro Slider, give me a call. I'll do my best, to get you a good deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts