The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't have asked for a better opening day here in NW PA. It was a little chilly first thing this morning but when the fog burned off it was a truly beautiful day to be in the creek.

I caught 10 total, 9 bows and this nice male brownie.

My father in law caught about the same amount and had quite the excitement when he hooked a 20" sucker that put up a good fight.

Absolute beautiful day to be out there and looking forward to many more...

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
Opening day is meaningless. You got to get ready for the post-season and your opening day play won't work then.

Congrats Trask!

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
what creek Trask?..nice fish!..it was awesome weather..creeks were clear over on Spring creek..managed 28 in 4 hours kept 5...no monsters..

·
20,120 Posts
cspot said:
Opening day is meaningless. You got to get ready for the post-season and your opening day play won't work then.

Congrats Trask!
I busted out laughing in my office right there lol. Spit coffee out and all. That was a good one!!!

Well done Task! Nice way to start the season!

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
It's a lovely brownie, but had the fish not hit, things would have turned out much differently. You have to be able to contend with the big, physical steelhead that you'll see in the postseason in the NW part of the state.

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
I somehow pictured you as an old curmudgeon. Turns out, you are a young curmudgeon.

Nice fish all the same. When you caught it, did you assume that you wouldn't catch any more and give up for the day?

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, it's a reunion in here!!! Nice to see everyone take some time off from rooting the Pens on to stop in and give me pointers on how to be a better fisherman!

Julio Jones IS good at catching things...

Opening day IS meaningless, my best fishing is always in mid to late May...

Things WOULD have turned out differently had he not bitten. I would have only caught 9 for the day...

I HAVE battled the steelhead up here in the fall, this was just a tune up...

And the best part of all? I caught him on a BLACK AND GOLD Panther Martin! It's an omen I tell ya!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts