The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this guy on public land in 5B on Saturday. The deer were moving really early as I had deer approach from 2 different directions as I climbed my tree at 3PM. I saw several other deer before the buck, but all had winded me as the wind was really swirling so my expectation were not high for success. After enduring wind gusts, a fairly heavy rain and river fog,I caught this guy coming in behind me at 6:15. I first used the bino's to make sure he was a shooter, but when I got a good look at his rack, I'm not sure why I was questioned him. I wasn't sure of the hit so I took up the trail in the AM. The rain had washed most of the blood away, but since it was so wet and he was running down a steep hill to a creek about 300 yards below,I was able to slowly follow the trail and found enough blood on the underside of sapling leaves to keep me on the right track. My dad and I found him by the creek. He had a 19 inch spread.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
That a beauty... Like the color of those antlers...

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
Awesome. Love the dark chestnut color of his antlers as well. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts