The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
My old man and I'll be out with my Drahthaar. I've got a little area that holds pheasants but doesn't seem to get quite the amount of pressure the other nearby areas do so we'll head there first. After that we'll play it by ear, might switch gears and go for grouse and woodcock in the afternoon. I usually hunt all day, not sure what my dad's plans are (or rather my stepmom's plans are for him.)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'll be out. Wouldn't miss it. However I'll go to a place that usually has significantly less hunters in the morning and maybe swing past the local SGL in the evening if I haven't gotten at least one by then.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Too busy for this guy so Ill go hunt grouse... I will just go out next week when the crowds are gone... Wish they would come up with a stamp or at least open fall turkey again on that day to take some pressure off the stocking areas..

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'll be out with my fiancée and a few others. I'm trying to them their first birds so I'll end up being the dog! We'll probably be out in 2a/washington county game land!

I look at it as Saturday is for the ones who can't hunt mid week... Last year wasn't too bad surprisingly... I'll be out mid week trying to get my birds, I won't have to deal with as many people!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Count me in. Hopefully, I'll be out with two of my three kids (the oldest is away at college or she'd be there for sure) plus the bird dog. I keep debating between the high stocking/high pressure locations or the less birds/less pressure spots.

Haven't decided yet. I usually end up out-thinking myself on stuff like this.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
PossumBackstrap said:
Ryan where's your DD from?
He's a Q litter pup out of Vom Buffeltaler Kennel in Mifflinburg.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
No madness busting brush behind the hounds chasing cottontails. We will be out in our favorite bottom hunting the nasty.

Do they have a "Now Serving Number Board" on game lands that have been stocked for you bird doggers? Good luck, be safe.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
If I go out it won't be until late afternoon. I'll probably just take the Wee Man squirrel hunting after his football game. I may take a day off during the week and get after some pheasants.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Lol the number board at the game lands close to me has me listed as #1 on the board. I will take it!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Think its muzzleloading in morn Then out after the mass's leave and then on Monday worked good last year that way Good Luck all keep safe

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I'll be out in the morning sitting in the woods about 20 yards off a heavily stocked field. Waiting for the pheasant hunters to push the deer to me.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
If you guys are hunting Beltzville get out there now for the preseason shoot. Plenty of guys out already taking advantage of it since they stocked yesterday. Dumbest idea in the world to have a split small game opener like this.

·
Registered
595 Posts
What preseason shoot? I have never heard of a split opener for any game. There was a junior season that ended on saturday, and grouse and woodcock are open, but where is it written about a split pheasant opener?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
JK SE Pa said:
What preseason shoot? I have never heard of a split opener for any game. There was a junior season that ended on saturday, and grouse and woodcock are open, but where is it written about a split pheasant opener?
Hey look! Aw, to slow, you missed it.

·
Banned
851 Posts
We'll be out for some species of small game tomorrow morning, be it pheasants, rabbits, or squirrels. Then hopefully we'll get out for muzzleloader or archery in the evening.

PA Waterfowler

1 - 20 of 45 Posts