The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

opening day for beaver

3K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  trapped71 
#1 ·
who all is going out tommorow ? what is your main trap ? i know i'll be out getting rid of the land line ,except a few . then i'll be hanging a few snares . looks like a major freeze next week , which will slow me down .

#3 ·
I'll be out and about. I have the car loaded with my equipment.

Going to be mostly snares with acouple of 330's and #3's.

Need to take care of the complaints from private communities.

15' from house and dam.

That's AOK in my book. Good luck and be safe to all.

#4 ·
chuck , that 15 foot rule stinks this time of year , was out this morning looking my set spots over getting icy all around except near the dam or lodge . did manage to see where one crossed a dirt road near a pipe. had seen that spot yesterday and almost put a #1 there with a sash weight. thought it was a rat or mink ,boy was i wrong

#8 ·
man is it cold here in clearfield 22* this morning. i have a small crick down the road. a friend of mine and i are trapping it for beaver. he took the upper end of the crick and i took the lower. got out my two 33o's, a snare and a #3. we'll see what happens tomorrow,,,,my boys are gonna be with me so they are stoked to see what we get. keepin my fingures crossed LOL. good luck to all and be safe.

#10 ·
Got a couple #3's out, gonna need my axe for the ice to get my 330's in. Found coyote tracks trying to get in the top of a hut so I hung cables to take out the competion.

#12 ·
casey said:
got a bunch of traps out today. not much ice here,the isolated bodies of water have 2 inches of ice.

so far 3 inches of snow on the ground and it's really a blowing here.

howie how did you make out today?
not well . had a line strung out about 3 miles through the woods that i figured i better pull , so i took the muzzleloader for a walk and did that , 4 hours later i was back at the truck and ran over to my grandpops to help him which kind of put a roadblock in the beavers .tommorow for sure. i think our pike county treasurer is bringing his boys over to tag along . have a few hotspots for the kids to see , hopefully teach them a few tricks

#14 ·
got 15 sets in today before the crap came. 15 ft rule is a pain but it could be 25 like it used to be i guess. mine are a mix of 330, snares, float sets and a couple #3 on drowners. stuck with mostly blind sets and bait. i'll lure things up in a day or 2. the floats are lured of course though.

#18 ·
welp no luck today had to trudge thru a foot of snow and my foothold and snare are froze to the crick LOL figures huh?
the 330s are still set also they are in channels but no movement on the beavers part at least i didnt see any.

#19 ·
trapped71 said:
welp no luck today had to trudge thru a foot of snow and my foothold and snare are froze to the crick LOL figures huh?
the 330s are still set also they are in channels but no movement on the beavers part at least i didnt see any.
Exactly what 71 said. Nothin' doin last night. 1' that's all you got? I'm investing in a pair of snow shoes TODAY! Cutt

#24 ·
the landowner doesn't even know who it is

possible trespassers maybe? i'd report em. my parents have trespassers every year on there farm they hate it. people just think that its huntin season i can go where ever when ever. total disrespect for other peoples stuff and property

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.