The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Daughter has a 9am softball game, so my hopes of getting a few hours in are dashed this weekend.
Working from home 2nd half of next week, so if there's a rain-free morning, I'll be out calling on the neighbor's property until about 8:45am.
5C

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I will be out with my 8-year-old son on Saturday morning...we were out last week for the Youth opener - heard a fair amount of gobbling and saw 3 jakes, but none wanted to close the deal. Heading back to the same area with a slightly adjusted set up and a game plan for later in the morning if the off-the-roost plan does not pan out.

Good luck to those headed out!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Phew, I thought this was ANOTHER thread about the buck opener.

I'll be out just until 8:30 or so then I have to take my daughter to swim lesson. She's not even 3 yet and the Saturday activities are starting. Not to be the "I want" guy, but my Sunday morning is all clear....

The past couple years I've been getting more and more into turkeys after never really messing with them much. They're kinda fun. Nice to have something to hunt in the spring before the summer layoff. I'm really looking forward to getting after it again.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Yesterday I rolled into camp here in Clinton county, was out this morning at one of my old favorite haunts and did not hear a gobble. Did see 2 turkeys at different spots while doing some windshield time. Got a few weeks set aside to try and kill the elusive Clinton County gobbler.
Good Luck to everyone.

Reactions: bigguy54

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Heading up to 3C with a few friends for the weekend, including one of my mentors with whom I haven't shared a hunting camp with in many years. I'm more excited about that than any turkey we may tag.

On the plus side, due to a job change, this'll be my first opener in six years. On the minus side, this will be the first time in six years that I don't have a significant amount of weekdays to hunt. My turkey season will certainly be different this year. We'll see how my Saturdays go... I may have to try harder to figure out this afternoon hunting business, just to get the extra time in the woods.

·
Super Moderator
7,996 Posts
Heading out of my 5C home area and exploring some mountains. Found a new place to try.... looks promising if I don’t make 10 new “friends” when I get there Saturday!

:)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Good luck to all of the PA hunters out there heading off for the opener. I'll be sharing with you in spirit out in the Midwest and hopefully get back to 2A one of these years again soon for an opener.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts