The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't have a habitat made, I'm going to make one myself.

What do you think of the mount?

·
Registered
371 Posts
LOOKS GREAT, IF YOU PUT IT IN A DISPLAY DON'T USE REAL DIRT,I DID AND IT ALL DRIED OUT MAYBE I'LL AIR BRUSH IT THIS WINTER . IF YOU USE FAKE SNOW BYE A GLASS COVER IT GETS DIRT REAL FAST.

·
Registered
533 Posts
neat mount looks good you will have ot show some pic when its done with the habitat.you get that in berks?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

wmu1ATrapr said:
Nice! Is it freeze dried with the real teeth/skull in there?
No, but the teeth were cast from a reusable mold made from our mink's teeth/jaws.

deerhunter87 said:
you get that in berks?
Yep, last day of the season last year. Here's some pics from the morning we caught it:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My daughter (Trapper Jane) was awarded a permit last year on her fifth try but we never made it up to camp because of the horrible icing conditions that persisted through most of the late winter up there. She was pretty mad about it.

I was one of the guaranteed winners this year with six preference points. Trapper Jane is still a little ticked but she understands that it is a team effort and any cat we catch will be ours and not mine or hers.

I pretty pleased with the way the mink turned out so I'll probably use the same taxi if we catch a bobcat.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Boy does that bring back the good ole days of My Crawford County trapline along Watson Run and Geneva Swamp. Nothing like pulling a mink from under the water.

·
Registered
533 Posts
thats cool that you got that in berks my dad use to trap when he was younger and told me stories about them being around and how many. i did not think there any around the area any more. that is real cool and good luck with the cats you have to post pic with your sucess.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts