The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Just read thru it quickly and seemed like a fair non bias look at both sides.. even if the anti-gun people will never give up, it seems that more and more people are using their 2nd admendment rights. Hope the Supreme Court rules in favor of pro gunners. For as bad of a anti-gun adminstration that is in power now, I think we are still holding our own. Mainly due to the NRA..IMO if your not a member you should be!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I found this interesting:
"In California, where it's legal to carry a gun openly without a license in most places as long as it's unloaded, growing numbers of armed people have been turning up at Starbucks, restaurants, and retailers, with handguns holstered to their belts to protest what they contend are unfair limits on permits to carry a concealed weapon."

What good is a gun strapped to your hip, if it is UNloaded?!

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
RutNut said:
What good is a gun strapped to your hip, if it is UNloaded?!
It's CA....they are only allowed to walk around with loaded bongs.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
CA's inane open carry law applies to "incorporated" areas, which basically means cities, suburbs, and many small towns. I understand an "unincorporated" area allows loaded open carry. This would be certain wilderness areas, and some small towns, for example.

The history behind unloaded open carry is that in the 60's the Black Panthers were doing peaceful protests while walking around carrying loaded firearms. The populace got scared I guess ( "we can't have uppity colored people doing that!"), and then Gov Reagan ( yes, Ronald Reagan) signed it into law that open carry in incorporated places can only be done unloaded. I've seen the old footage of the Black Panthers, and all they are doing is walking around a courthouse area carrying guns, mostly rifles/shotguns. No rioting, no shots being fired.

So lay the blame on racist over reacting...and Reagan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts