The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 60 of 149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,454 Posts
Was sitting watching some show with the kids last evening when I remembered what day it was. Pulled out the phone, pulled up the PGC page, and had license, tags, DMAPs, and elk application done and paid for a few minutes later.
I've been getting my license, and most anything else I buy, online for many years now. Never had a problem and don't anticipate any this time. Between online shopping and teleworking, I hardly have to deal with other people at all. Which is great! :)

·
Registered
25,473 Posts
Since we've had the new license system with a CID number, all I've ever done is show my previous year's hunting license, to get a new one. Come to think of it, did the same thing with the old style licenses, too? But I usually either bought them at the gun shop near camp (knew owner), or at the PGC office while there for the BOC meetings?

Every one obtained at the PGC office always had my height wrong. Put 5'10" on the application, they printed it as 5'0". :(

As most know, same number is used for a fishing license. BTW, that data is on the magnetic strip on your PA drivers license.

Hadn't bought a fishing license in some time. Bought the Senior Life fishing license when I was 66, at the PF&BC booth during the Outdoor Show that year. Lady swiped my driver's license to get my CID number and I had my fishing license.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Check your credit card account & see if posted yet. I know when I input cc to buy a DMAP and hit payment it looked like it didn't take(bounced back to payment method) but it did go through even though it looked like an error.
Checked my credit card statement and nothing. I logged back into today and was able to purchase all my tags and license no problem. Wasn't sure what the issue was yesterday.

·
Premium Member
23,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Checked my credit card statement and nothing. I logged back into today and was able to purchase all my tags and license no problem. Wasn't sure what the issue was yesterday.
Glad it went through for you!! I know the CC transaction normally shows up within a minute or 2.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Purchased mine yesterday without issue. Unless you enjoy the tradition of going to the counter at your local agent, why not save the hour or so of time and have everything show up in the mail.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
my license was 12 bucks cheaper this year and I got the same thing.... online is the way to go. Love it

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Just got off the PGC site purchasing about $150 worth of tags. Best money I spent since last June.
If we get back to Evansburg this year I'll look ya up....
Last year never panned out, everyone seemed to be going in different directions for hunting opportunities.
Couple guys bought property in NY and they were not around too much.
Hopefully we can get the gang back together this year.

·
Registered
473 Posts
my license was 12 bucks cheaper this year and I got the same thing.... online is the way to go. Love it
I don't understand why it'd be cheaper on-line. Thought they were the same price regardless of where you got them.

·
Premium Member
23,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I don't understand why it'd be cheaper on-line. Thought they were the same price regardless of where you got them.
He apparently bought a Senior License....price decrease nothing to do with online vs FTF.

·
Super Moderator
13,650 Posts
Purchased mine yesterday without issue. Unless you enjoy the tradition of going to the counter at your local agent, why not save the hour or so of time and have everything show up in the mail.
The problem last year wasn't with the purchasing process. That part worked fine last year. The problem was that it didn't come in the mail as it should have.

After three weeks of waiting I called and they said they would reissue it. After another three weeks of waiting and not getting it I called the Game Commission instead of the PALS system phone number. The Game Commission reissued it and mailed that time. I got it a week later.

Not a big problem perhaps but still more hassle than it should have been.

This year I went to the County Treasurer's Office and had my license in hand when I left their office.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I have been purchasing my licenses (fishing & hunting) online for the last few years and luckily I have not had any problems with delays or mess-ups. I also purchased my license on Monday. This year I have three new hunters to work with. Two (Sister and Brother in law) took their safety course last year and the other (neighbor) took his a while ago but never hunted. Should be a good year!

·
Premium Member
23,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
He apparently bought a Senior License....price decrease nothing to do with online vs FTF.
I'm 47....
I'm at a loss then why your 2020-2021 license was $12 less for identical licenses bought for 2019-20 season as the PGC did not reduce license prices.

41 - 60 of 149 Posts